MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Default Suspension advice

A few months ago, I had a post on pst(performance suspension technology) kits. Today I was talking to a good shop which told me to stay away from polygraphite. They said it would make noises and I should stick with new oem parts. Is this right? Since i`ve got to get new parts i`d lilke to upgrade. Anyone have a pst kit????? Are they better than stock? Any problems?
Thanks for any info

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Default Re: Suspension advice

Have used lots of PST suff, works great.

Polygraphite is urathane with graphite in it. The graphite is for lubrication. Its simply a stout bushing with lubrication.

I never had a problem with any squeaking? Pure Urathane will deffinately squeak. I can't speak for the shop, but are you sure they know polygraphite?

Polygraphite bushings are WAAAY better than stock. They deflect alot less than OEM. Pure urathane will deflect the least.

Make sure you get spring purches. ....and the upper bushing will ALWAYS squeak on a old Ford.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Phillyfanfrombirth
Registered Member

I have a PST polygraphite set up on my 72 that I put on in 2001... and a new oem set up on my 68... To tell you the truth, I think that so long as they are new, you will feel the effects of the upgrade. I couldn't tell you that one set up was better than the other, other than that, though...

I should note that I probably only put about 5k on my 72 since then, and about 1k on my 68...

I would also note that I when I got my PST kit, I was disappointed in the fact that you have to take a torch to the lower control arms in order to assemble it. They give you a stock arm and the polygraphite bushings, you have to remove the stock bushings with the torch and put in the polys while it is still hot, with a press... not cool.
Phillyfanfrombirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
Phillyfanfrombirth
Registered Member

Good point on the perches and upper bushings... you would think that for the price that PST charges, they could throw them in. CJ's sells the perches for about $14 a piece. When I was first looking for mine, my local Ford dealer wanted $50 each. Be sure to shop around.
Phillyfanfrombirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Dave_mustang_50
Registered Member

Ok, thanks. Looks like im gonna stick with the pst kit.

Sold 92 Rag Top GT
Procharged & intercooled DSS 331 LC
Holley Systemax 2 Intake, Edelbrock RPM Heads,E 303 ,blow thru air meter, race bypass, 42 pph injectors,65mm tb,1.7 rr, Mac long tube headers w/off road H pipe, Force 2 catback, TKO,Pro 5.0, K&N, Alum DS,3 core radiator, subframe connectors,3.73`s, Nitto DR`s and a Heavy Foot.
Dave_mustang_50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: