MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2001, 11:32 PM   #1
KidNotch4793
Registered Member

Post Rising Temp...

With all the heat and humidity the past two weeks I started using my AC. It was fine last week but this week I checked my engine temp and it was higher then normal, I knew that was to be expected with the AC running but when I checked it again a few mins later the temp had gone up. Over the next 15-20 mins of my commute home from work it kept going up so I turned off the AC and dropped the windows for the remainder of my trip home. What is causing this?

------------------
KidNotch4793
1993 LX 5.0 Notchback
Eddlebrock intake,K&N, 70mm,March Underdrive pullies, Jacobson ignition,Superchip, Borla,3:73's, Kenny Brown Subframe connectors, Hurst shifter, Centerforce, Saleen Wing, Cobra Badges.
KidNotch4793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 11:51 PM   #2
BlackFly
Registered Member

with the big heat wave you can expect a little higher running temp on the really hot days . what do you call high? what temp. thermostat are you running ? 180 at the most i hope. is your ac condensor clean in front? make sure its clean and clear.is your clutch fan working properly? at high temps it should be running virtually equal to your engine . when the clutch fan is working correct, you can rev the engine(from under the hood manually) and the fan blows one hell of a lot of air. if the condensor is dirty use a garden hose to blow it clean from the engine side out. check all of these things and get back to us.
BlackFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
1RedMach1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFly:
with the big heat wave you can expect a little higher running temp on the really hot days . what do you call high? what temp. thermostat are you running ? 180 at the most i hope. is your ac condensor clean in front? make sure its clean and clear.is your clutch fan working properly? at high temps it should be running virtually equal to your engine . when the clutch fan is working correct, you can rev the engine(from under the hood manually) and the fan blows one hell of a lot of air. if the condensor is dirty use a garden hose to blow it clean from the engine side out. check all of these things and get back to us.
I was running hot in the Texas heat. Had a blow out of a motor mount and had to re-core
radiator. Stock was 3 row but has room for 4 row. My guess yours may be the same if you still have stock unit.
Never over heats now.
1RedMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: