View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 AM   #1
SCHOONER
Registered Member

Smile THANK YOU GENTLEMEN: PHILLYFANFROMBIRTH, BMXMON & INGENEIUS

Thank You Gentlemen:

PHILLY.....TH

I LOVED THE STEPS YOU GAVE ME IN REMOVAL OF MY '66,289CID ENGINE AND MY 3 SPEED TRANNY. ITS GREAT AND I WILL FOLLOW IT 2 THE T.
THANK YOU

BMXMON

YES, I WILL PULL THE ENGINE FIRST LIKE YOU SUGGESTED. AND YES I HAVE A 3 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY IN THERE NOW. AND I'LL REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT LEAKY TRANNY OIL AND HAVE A PALE OR LOTS OF RAGS READY. MORE THAN LIKELY A PALE OR SOMETHING TO CATCH THE OIL
THANK YOU

IGENEIUS

I'LL WATCH-OUT HOW I PUT BACK EVERYTHNG (THE SAME WAY IT CAME OUT IS THE SAME WAY IT WILL GO IN) THOSE TORK CONV.
BOLTS ARE TO BE PLACE BACK CORRECTLY.
THANK YOU

I wasl told that while I'm looking for a little bit more performance I believe that's the word ~ I should put in a 260 or 265 CAM along with new lifters. (not the rolling kind) Was I told correctly guys

As I stated before gentlemen. I'm looking to just boost-up my engine a bit, not to drag it or out -run the police after I just held-up and BRINKS TRUCK . . . only kidding

Just a little bit of a kick to my 289 engine.

So Here's what I got to do and write-down or have it tattooed to the back of my eye lids

1.Un- hook my battery ~ remove the hood of course.
2.Take out my radiator.
3.Drain coolant.
4.Disconnect the power steering.
5.Disconnect the exhaust at the collector wherever that is located
6.Disconnect the Tranny FIRST.
7.IMPORTANT: GET GRADE 8 ~ 3/4 LONG. (FOR STRENGHT AND SAFETY)
8.DON'T FORCE ANYTHING

HOW AM I DOING GUYS

9. GET HELP ( IT WILL PROBABLY BE A GUY IN MY CLUB WHO'S BEEN AT ENGINES SINCE HE WAS 16.

So why do I write about this on the message board
I joined the Las Vegas Mustang Club only 5 months ago and I'm not that close to most guys YET. But I met this one guy who is willing to help me.

But I must say YOU GUYS ARE MY STRONGEST BACK-UP.
AND I THANK GOD FOR ALL YOUR IMPUT AND RESPECT YOUR CAR KNOWLEDGE VERY MUCH.

O.K. guys that's the end of the novel . . . lol

STAY TUNED FILM AT 11 . . . LOL

AS ALWAYS:
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES

SCHOONER
SCHOONER is offline   Reply With Quote