View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #5
bmxmon
Registered Member

Default Re: THANK YOU GENTLEMEN: PHILLYFANFROMBIRTH, BMXMON & INGENEIUS

Your welcome. It probably would be a wiser idea to pull the trans first, but you can do it either way. Also, I would drain all the old fluid out and put new fluid in. A pretty good way I have found to stop the little bit thats left over in the trans from coming out the tail shaft is putting a rag in the end with a flat screwdriver. (kinda hard to explain, but you'll figure it out when you get to that point.) Or the plastic wrap sounds like a good idea too. A good way I have found to seperate the trans and engine is with a small, flat crow bar. (the ones for removing nails) When you hook chains up to your engine, make sure to pick spots higher up on the engine, or the engine might flip over. (happened to me, its scary) Also, make sure you have a thick chain, or it could break. (again, almost happened to me, the chain started to seperate, very scary!) When i remove my trans, I put a jack underneath it, unbolt everything, balancing the trans on the jack, lower the jack, then slide the trans off the jack. Good luck and have fun.