View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 12:54 PM   #1
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default turn signal-maybe the whole harness-calling all electricians?

My turn signals always worked, but they never canceled itself since I have owned it (1995). So I finally ordered one of the cam replacement kits from the paddock and installed it yesterday. It was a severe pain installing it....because trying to soder the wires and then get them to hide in the steering Col. and not be in the way was difficult. I hate to soder as it is.
So now my turn signal clicks nicely like it should, but only my right turn signal front will work. None of the rear turn signals will work...and the left front will not turn on either (no left turn signal at all). TO top it off, my brake lights are not working, but I have no idea how that could be tied to this, I would think that should be a different story there.....maybe they were not working for a while and I had not realized it. Does anyone know if one may effect the other? I looked at the rear bulbs in the car and the bulbs are not blown, so I am pretty sure it is not them. Maybe the brake switch on the pedal?
Does anyone know if the turn siganl harness plugs in with some kind of pig tail to the rest of the wiring on the car? If so, I may just order the whole thing so I can get rid of my splicing on the new turn signal cam into the car.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote