Thread: Grease Question
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
Kisner
Registered Member

Problem solved and now I feel like even more of an idiot. Didn't realize that the grease gun end was adjustable. The one I bought was screwed in all the way basically closing off the opening. After I turned it counterclockwise a few times the end pushed right on the grease fittings and locked in place. Anyway, got everything greased, including the U-Joint. Went through a whole 3 oz. tube of grease. Guess they were in desperate need of grease. Hopefully I didn't add too much. Read an article that stated when the rubber boot started to swell, then stop. There were none like that (with the clamps on each end) on my Mustang except the power steering cylinder (didn't grease that one since it's brand new). Mine were all like rubber caps over the ball joints, etc. I basically filled them and stopped once I saw grease start to ooze from the bottom of the cap. On the U-Joint, I basically stopped once it started backing up out the nozzle (didn't see any kind of rubber boot at all around it). Does that sound about right to everyone?
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote