MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 08:03 PM   #1
Elvis
Registered Member

Default Undercarriage

I am considering ordering a kit from Mustangs Plus which includes a suspension rebuild kit, a steering rebuild kit and a spring and handling kit for my '67 coupe. The price is $875 for the whole package. Has anyone tried this package? Is it a good buy? Any suggestions? Thanx, E
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 09:44 PM   #2
66fastback
Registered Member

Wow.....Elvis lives in Sherman. You don't happen to make down through Little Elm every now and then do you?

I haven't used this kit, but it sounds like a fair deal for everything that you get (I'm assuming a couple of things here....new upper and lower control arms, leaf springs for the back.....new sway bar(s)??....maybe a Monte Carlo bar).

Any good suspension rebuild kit should come with new spring perches too. I don't know if any of them do, but I think all the original perches are trashed these days, and it's about time the suspension kits started addressing this.

So grab yourself a peanut butter and banana sandwhich and order up a new suspension for that Stang.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #3
diablopony
Registered Member

I did the spring & handling kit version. That included coil and leaf springs, shocks and sway bars for front and rear. Made a huge difference in the handling. I would definately recommend it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: