MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #1
Power
Registered Member

Post New Life......

Seems to be some new life in this forum lately. When I joined a few months ago it had new post about every week to two weeks. Now it has a new one every few days. And lots of response to the old ones.....good, more people means more cars, and better answers.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289, Manual 3-speed, Edelbrock 650, Flowmaster 3-chambers, and minor upgrades. Interior work includes custom paneling, custom dash dress-up(I refuse to cut anything out of the original), Rewiring most of the electronics, Porsche 911 seats installed soon, and Stroker kit when I get to Texas. November of 2001 I will go back to Dallas.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 07:20 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Power, I'm sure you've seen lots of posts that don't deserve an answer. "My 289 runs 12's", "Where can I get a '66 Fastback for $1200?". Stuff like that. As a serious classic owner, my bet is we'll receive lots of good input from you to the serious posts. Real posts get real responses. I know you can and will contribute. Most of us just ignore the not so serious posts/comments. I don't know if this makes sense or not, but is just my thought.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:44 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

I've got a 66' Fastback for sale I'll sacrifice it at $1200 bucks too. Model car that is he he hee.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 09:59 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Well, now I'm just gonna keep $1200 handy, just in case I get any offers. No rust buckets please.

Rev

------------------
1/4 mi.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:14 PM   #5
Power
Registered Member

Hey Rev, I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post or I misunderstood yours. I wasn't griping about lack of post or lack of answers. I know exactly what your talking about with the BullS--t posts that are sometimes thrown up in here that don't warrant a response. My point was that in the last 2-3 weeks I've seen several new members with very legitimate questions and what appears to be genuine interest in learning about classics. I by no means claim to know more than the next average guy, but made the point that with more people you also get more relevant posts that bring in more intelligent discussion.

I am young and am learing as I go. The only experience I had when I purchase my 66 was extensive electrical training. Everything else I have learned with the help of books, buddies, or places like here. I did not discover MW until about a year after buying my car and signed up immediately.

Again, I'm not sure if the misunderstanding is on my end or yours, but I meant nothing negative at all.

On another note, when I get back to Dallas I might make a trip down to check out your car if that is ok. My wife has family down there so it won't be too hard to drive down there.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289, Manual 3-speed, Edelbrock 650, Flowmaster 3-chambers, and minor upgrades. Interior work includes custom paneling, custom dash dress-up(I refuse to cut anything out of the original), Rewiring most of the electronics, Porsche 911 seats installed soon, and Stroker kit when I get to Texas. November of 2001 I will go back to Dallas.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 12:08 AM   #6
Rev
Registered Member

Power, I'm sorry if I made any comments toward you. I certainly didn't mean any. Your contributions have always been appreciated by me. Again, no criticism from me.

Rev

------------------
1/4 mi.
Old 05-18-2001, 05:37 AM   #7
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I have noticed there seems to be more activity in here. I usally don't even come here very much because of that. I would love to see more classic owners on here. Also i get alot of flack for having a 428 and turning it into a drag car. The body and the engine block are just about the only things oringinal and classic guy usally hate stuff like that. Why is that anyway? Well now i am getting of the subject so i end this.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 11:40 AM   #8
66fastback
Registered Member

uh-oh, now you've done it 69 fastback....just kidding. Actually, as you can see from my sig, I'm not afraid of making mods to a classic--mine's a GT car. I'm all for improving on a good thing....but I understand what you mean, that is exactly the attitude that has kept me from joining in a Mustang Club....too many people think that every Mustang ever made should be restored to showroom condition and NOTHING should be changed. I could not stand to put mine back stock and keep it in the garage on all but the nicest Sunday afternoons. Bottom line...cars were made to be driven...not trailered to shows...and 35+ years has not changed that.

------------------
66 GT Fastback,fuel injected 5.0, 5-speed, cable clutch, JBA's and duals, 3.40 gears and handling mods...just call me "Doc"
66fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 12:15 PM   #9
j's69stang
Registered Member

i have a 69 mustang and the way i see it dont want to make mine stock b/c i dont want that puny f-code motor and want something with some grrrr to it. so i just biult mine the way i want to and dont really care what people say about restoring my car back to the originol color (lime gold) ummm noooo, ill paint whatever color i like and drive it everyday like i do right now.

About this forum i like it i have learned alot and got alot of advice and input into what im suppose to be doing, so i wish people would post more seroius questions b/c i read just about all of them and learn something new from most of them.
j's69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 01:35 PM   #10
David Fulford
Registered Member

I definitley have learned alot from this forum too. Rev helped me locate that second blinker module behind the glove box. I would have had the multimeter out for days if it wasn't for that. Just wanted to second the motion that this forum is a good one. Oh and my car can be viewed at www.centraltexasstreetrods.com And it's not even close to original. It's an L code VIN but not anymore. Thanks to everyone for all the help.
David Fulford is offline   Reply With Quote