MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2001, 11:30 AM   #1
Burning rubber
Registered Member

Question 69 Mach 1 SCJ question?

I am not the most knowledgeable person in the world when it comes to vintage mustang's. If things go right for me, I may purchase my first mustang. I know a guy who has a 69 Mach1 428SCJ with factory drag pac(R code with an oil cooler on the radiator rack drivers side)sitting in his pole barn with no engine, tranny or hood. I know that most of the info I need is on the buck tag. Did some of the 69 Mach 1's have an antenna on the right rear fender? I know the buck tag will tell me where it was made.

If I do get my hands on this beauty. What would be the best way to pursue to obtain an origanal 428 engine and transmission, and hood?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

[This message has been edited by Burning rubber (edited 09-24-2001).]
Burning rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 02:12 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

The hood should be a standard 69 hood, if it didnt have the optional Ram-Air or Shaker hood scoop.

As for the antena question, I have seen several 69 and 70 Mustangs with the antenas in that position. Everytime I see a car like that and ask the owner they dont know. They say thats the way the car was when the bought it (Not the original oweners).

Sorry I couldnt help much.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 02:50 AM   #3
mustang marty gt

Cool

if this is a 428 cj you better jump on it, fast you can alway's find an engine & tranny later get your vin # there is atoll free number to call ford they can tell you where the car was built , all equipment it came with , destination etc i'm still trying to find my letter from them on my 69 grande. i gave it to my oldest son they have no record's for 65 to 68 because they sold so many , but 69 & up they have all record's wish i could find the phone # so you could call , it's free .found the letter no phone # though here is the address, ford customer service division fmc 16800executive plaza dr , po box 6248 dearborn mich 48126 .hope it help's good luck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 09:51 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

The R code in the vin # does mean it came with the Shaker hood Ram air. A Q code would mean it was non ram air no shaker hood. As far as the antenna i have no idea why u have one on the right rear. That might just be a Mach 1 thing. where my antenna is supposed to be in on the fight front fender. I have the whole filled in no radio anymore. Ofcourse mine is a non mach 1. Get the vin number and u can go to www.classicponycars.com and they have a vin # decoder on there site.
Since it doesnt have the 428 it would be really hard to find parts and things. It very easy to find parts if u don't want stock parts aftermarket parts are really easy to get. I know i have a ton of them. I do also have some of the orginal parts of my car that i would get ride off. But i know u are far from that now. Need anything else let me know how i can help.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote