MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2000, 12:49 PM   #1
BennyBoy

Post WANTED: 9" rear

I need a 9" rear end with 4.11s and posi/limited slip to fit in a '69 Mustang. If anybody knows where I can get one let me know! Thanks!

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock Performer-RPM intake manifold, Edelbrock Performer-RPM cam, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max spark plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Flex-a-lite fan, C4 B&M Kit, Lakewood traction bars
Old 08-09-2000, 05:02 PM   #2
John Z
Registered Member

There is always Currie or were you looking for a used piece?
John Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2000, 08:52 PM   #3
BennyBoy

Cool

New or used. Does not matter. I'm just going to need everything. Axles and all. Know any prices just for shits and giggles?

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
Edelbrock Performer-RPM intake manifold, Edelbrock Performer-RPM cam, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max spark plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Flex-a-lite fan, C4 B&M Kit, Lakewood traction bars
Old 08-10-2000, 08:43 AM   #4
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

Benny,
Currie has a website and you can inquire about how much, but expect to pay at least a grand. Perogie enterprises also sells some units a little less than Currie.

------------------
69 351W Sportsroof deluxe
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2000, 07:47 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Perogie was more than Currie a few years ago when I bought my 3.25 Equi-Lock center section from Currie. Cost about $650 shipped to my door in Houston. It has been good. This was center section only. Axle housing and axles will be more. Call and find out.

Rev
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2000, 07:57 PM   #6
red
Registered Member

Currie Enterprises
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 10:13 AM   #7
imouer

Talking

WHEW! when I first read this I thought it said "wanted 9" in rear" Sorry I could not resist
Old 08-11-2000, 01:47 PM   #8
BennyBoy

Question

You dumb sh!t imouer! j/k! That's a pretty good one though man.

Would I be able to keep the axles and axle housings for my 8" rear to use with a 9"?

If I could get one for $650 that would be great!! Was that assembled and everything? Or did you have to build it?

Thanks again guys!

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
Old 08-11-2000, 07:05 PM   #9
Rev
Registered Member

The center section I got was an 8" Equi-lock. It was completely rebuilt with an extra billet part for strength. (Can't remember details). My choice of selected used gear ratios. All there was available in 3.25 at the time. Also included an installation kit with new nuts and crush washers, gasket, and correct gear oil for Equi-Lock differential. 300 HP and 350 lb/ft with a C-4 has not hurt it one bit in 4 yrs.
Old 08-11-2000, 11:43 PM   #10
BennyBoy

Question

I guess I never really considered getting another 8". Would it be tough enough for my car? I have way over 400 lb/ft of torque. And roughly 360 hp. I'm going to drag race this car a few times a summer, but it is still my daily driver. I'm putting on some huge azz tires (295/50/15 Goodrich T/As), and I'm sure they aren't going to bust loose too easily. So if something is going to give, I don't want it to be my rear end! That would suck! Would it be smarter to stick with a 9"? Is there even much of a price difference? And what kind of traction devices are offered? I've heard Detroit-Lockers are the best.

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
Old 08-12-2000, 03:04 PM   #11
Rev
Registered Member

With that amount of power, I believe you'll need the 9". You'll have to get the center section, axle housing, and axles. My opinion is that Currie is hard to beat.

Rev