MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-16-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
Ingeneius
Sonic Blue 2005 Convertible GT

Question Water leak on Floor from Rain

I let my 67 Coupe sit out for in the driveway 2 days while I used the Garage to fix my truck. I noticed water (moisture) (it rained on the philly) in the carpet on the passenger side. I assume this is a long ongoing problem with classic mustangs since the floors are always getting replaced.
? I have is there a quick fix (and where is it) for the leak incase the philly ever is in the rain again? I have never noticed the moisture when I wash her.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #2
bears4ever
Registered Member

Default Re: Water leak on Floor from Rain

If you are talking water? It could be your cowls. There is a patch available for this, if it is just rusted away at the opening. You will have to remove your heater box to get to this. Very common on mustangs. The patch is easy to install and works great.
bears4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #3
Phillyfanfrombirth
Registered Member

After a lot of searching... I found a rusted out spot in the firewall on my 68.

It wasn't visible from anywhere... and I kept caulking seems to no avail...

Anyway, I had pulled the carpet back so I could easily wipe it up if it happened again. I started to notice some antifreeze accumulating on the floor after I ran it. So, I figured that I needed to replace the heater core.

While I had the core out, I figured I may as well change out the blower motor which was a bit noisy... so I removed that as well.

So, now every thing is pretty well stripped that is related to the heater and ducts... I figured it would be a good time go on a venture to see if I can see any other issues while it was clear.

Sure enough, I could see a bit of light showing when I looked up the very corner of the passenger side... It was a spot that is not visible from the engine compartment, beneath the ledge and underneath the overlapping metal. About the size of a dime, in the firewall.

I wasn't about to start welding up there... it would have been a heck of a game of hit and miss. I took a caulk gun and filled it with silicon from the inside and outside.

I'm sure its an ugly glob, but no one will ever see it without ripping the car in half.
Phillyfanfrombirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
bmxmon
Registered Member

On mine the front window leaks, causing a pretty good mess when it rains. Might want to check that too. For me, water accumulates under the dash on the passenger side. Hopefully thats the end of your leaking problem!