MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-19-2001, 11:42 PM   #1
j's69stang
Registered Member

Question water in oil

For some reason i cant get rid of water getting in my oil. I dont know where it is coming from b/c i just got the motor rebuilt and already replaced all the gaskets after the rebuild again. Could it be a bad pcv valve, even though it still works when you put your finger over it? its real bad b/c there is the yellowish stuff all in my air cleaner hose going to the valve cover and all in my valve covers. could someone please tell me whats going on. thanks
j's69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 01:41 AM   #2
Ron1
Registered Member

Sounds like another gasket again...maybe intake onto the heads? I normally spray on some spray adhesive when the intake is lowered into position. Does not take much to get it out of position. Or another head gasket.

Ron
Ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 01:17 PM   #3
j's69stang
Registered Member

But i havent needd to add water to my radiator and my oil isnt growing any. So that tells me that its not a gasket b/c i would have to be adding water every other day or so. Could it be my engine not breathing and creating steam? I need help
Old 02-20-2001, 02:24 PM   #4
Clark Rodgers
Registered Member

Jay,
You said the motor was rebuilt, what was done to the heads? The reason I ask is you might just have a small crack in one or maybe the water is leaking by a bolt that seals a passage. I know you said you are not adding water or oil but it has to be coming from somewhere.
Your engine breathing will not create the problem you are having, I know this sounds bad but you are going to need to pull the heads and see if there is something that looks amiss.
Look beyond the gaskets, like the little metal transfer tubes that go between the heads and the block.

------------------
69 351W Sportsroof deluxe
Clark Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Is the oil frothy, foamy? If water is getting in there, you should see froth, foam on the dip stick.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
Gearhead999
Registered Member

Check the intake gaskets. On the end where the water passages are it is easy to have aleak. There are several different sizes of water passages and shapes too. Check that first, it is the easiest.

Do you have water in any of the cylinders?? Check them close.

Have the heads been ported?? If so they might off ground through on a port and you're leaking there.

Good luck.
Gearhead999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 11:58 PM   #7
j's69stang
Registered Member

no my heads havent been ported, just shaved a little bit, and today i checked it and there wasnt any milky crap on the dipstick, so i pulled the valve covers off and they were clean too so i dont know what it could be. its like it collects in the canister on the valve cover and in the hose going to the air cleaner. its got me puzzled
Old 02-25-2001, 05:47 PM   #8
Stryfe
Registered Member

Is your intake manifold new or same? I just had my 351W rebuilt and was get water/antifreeze in my oil. I was told by the guy rebuilding it, that he found that the new intake wasn't completely level. He said he had to shave some metal off it to make it level. So far, no water or antifreeze are getting into the oil.
Stryfe is offline   Reply With Quote