MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: My bad or his?
Poll Options
My bad or his?

Old 07-14-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
thdrcat
Registered Member

Angry weep with me.

howdy all. this is my first post. i am a recent chevy convert. i am looking for a 1969 mach 1. here is my story:

Quote:
Must Sale! 1969 Mach I, factory drag pack Mustang, 428 SCJ, R code

quote from the thrifty nickle. so i quickly jump on the phone and call the guy. low and behold he wants $6000 for it. BONUS! It is 6:00 on friday so i can't go talk to the bank. gotta wait till monday for a loan. He says he will send picks and talk to me on monday.

well. today i call him and well........ he sold it. after i told him i would be getting the cash monday. ARG!

is this my fault or did he commit the foul?

where should i start my new search? at present i cruise ebay and the thrifty nickle for ads. where else should i be searching?
thdrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
David Fulford
Registered Member

http://www.mustang.org/
1969 fast back; yellow; weld wheels; 302 roller with GT-40 heads; 3:55 gears; 5spd T-5; MSD 6AL; E-303; flows; Hedman headers; Holley 600;Weiand Accelerator;1.6 rockers
David Fulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #3
thdrcat
Registered Member

thanks. will try that.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:08 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
is this my fault or did he commit the foul?
Assuming somebody came buy with cash in hand to buy the car over the weekend, I can't really fault the guy. Without some kind of deposit, I would probably have done the same thing. I've had lots of people say they want my Z, I've never seen the money.

That said, it still isn't cool. Between car guys, word should be good enough for at least a weekend. But, that car should be worth more than he was asking, and he either figured that out, or somebody clued him in on it and paid more than 6k.

Still, a sad loss.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:21 PM   #5
thdrcat
Registered Member

ya. i can't fault the guy either, but still. it was my understanding that when i say i will call you monday when i can get the money, and i even told him i could get the $$ monday @ 8:01, he was going to hold it. arg.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #6
lx mike
Undescribable

Even if you couldnt' come up with the asking price till monday should have still gone and checked the car out and if still interested put a deposit down and made out a bill of sale.

looks like someone knew what car was realy worth and got to it first.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:45 AM   #7
thdrcat
Registered Member

it was 500 miles away.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #8
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

After I recovered from beating the crap out of myself, I would of relised that you would find another one. But that was a really good deal. I've come across acouple of those cars where I was kicking myself for not buying but found a better deal down the road with my stang now. Although sorry to say nothing can top that one. hehehe.... It's no ones fault, can't blame him, and there is nothing you could of done about it. Maybe ask to put a deposit down next time or something to secure the car.

Best of luck in the future,
you live and you learn.
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
Jeff65
Registered Member

Don't beat yourself over circumstances beyond your control. Here's one for you...I'm sitting in Honolulu Ford negotiating the purchase of a brand new '69 Mach I. My wife is just thrilled over the prospect and has been in and out of the car a dozen times or more. Finally after three agonizing hours of negotiations I have a signed contract...the car is mine! "When do I take delivery?" The answer I get was, "There's no fuel in it now, and it needs to be prepped for delivery, we'll have it ready for you by 9 in the morning!" Okay, bye! Jumping in our '67 2+2 we head off to our little apartment in Waipio thinking of the new "Stang. Next morning we head back to Honolulu for our new car. When we get there its no where to be seen. After a lot of questions and a lot of poor answers, we get the explanation, "We sold it to another gentleman this morning who was willing to pay more for it!" I had a written contract with VIN recorded and a down payment made but it made no difference since I hadn't taken possession of the car the previous evening. I had a hell of a time getting my down payment back...the dealer wanted to sell me a car, just not the one of my choice.
Jeff65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 04:14 PM   #10
thdrcat
Registered Member

OMFG

ummm. lawsuit? or better yet, LEAD PIPE!>!?!>!

EDIT: buddy just made a good point. a LAWYER with a LEAD PIPE!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #11
thdrcat
Registered Member

oh btw. that same buddy convinced me to get a 87 5.0 GT untill i found another 428 SCJ. I really don't wanna settle for a 351. (no offence 351 ppl. i just like the best.)
Old 07-18-2002, 01:23 AM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Damn i was going to tell you of a site that i saw a mach 1 428 on and now i can't think of it. I feel like a dumbass now. There is a place called 69mustang.com they have some on there every now and then. Defenitly wait on the car that you want. Don't settle for a 351 if that is not what you want you will just always be dissapointed. I love my 428. A real pain in the butt to work on but well worth it.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:00 PM   #13
thdrcat
Registered Member

ya. there was a development last night. a buddy convinced me to change my current car. sale value on the truck is 3000$. My plan is to sell it ASAP and buy a 87 GT 5.0 for round 3K. then i can continue my quest for 69 mach. hopefully if everything goes well, it will be a clean exchange for my truck at no $ loss. so i will still have all my resources left for the mach 1 search, yet will have a decent car to play with in the mean time.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:05 PM   #14
fireman442
Registered Member

Default 1969 Mach 1 For Sale

Hey if you are still interested I have been thinking of selling my 69 Mach 1. We are buying a home and could use the money. I have a pic of the car on this website. I am looking to get around 10,500 for the car. It has a 428 3 spd auto, 650 carb and preformer intake. Got rid of the points and it runs great. Let me know fireman442@hotmail.com
fireman442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 01:24 PM   #15
Jeff65
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thdrcat
OMFG

ummm. lawsuit? or better yet, LEAD PIPE!>!?!>!

EDIT: buddy just made a good point. a LAWYER with a LEAD PIPE!
I was in the Air Force at the time and making an issue of it would have been seen as giving the Air Force a black eye! If you wanted to avoid trouble with the military, all you had to do was to pass through the door. I was smart enough to know I wasn't really injured, so I picked my butt outta the Dealer's chair and walked through it. I bought a Chevelle SS396 a couple weeks later. The Ford dealer is the one who lost the sale...
Jeff65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 01:16 AM   #16
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Thumbs up Sounds good to me!

Hey Thundercat, sounds like a 87 5.0 in the meantime is a good idea
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote