MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-01-2000, 12:52 PM   #1
k.s.
Registered Member

Post weird steering

i've got a strange one for us to figure out.
67 coupe 94 5.0 with all late model accessory's (a/c,p/s,alt, serp belt system)
has granada frt spindles w/disc brakes. its problem is,when driving down road,it darts to one side of the road or the other with just the slightest turn of the wheel,if you barely turn the wheel to the right,it darts right,if you turn left,it darts left. and i mean DARTS. have almost crashed it due to this. it does have the original manual gear box. have also notoced the car doesnt turn as sharp as it used to. i fiqure its the ratio of the manual steer box,or is there a difference in the disc spindles?i am building this car for my mom and dont want her to get the suprise i did when i deliver it to her. HELP!
k.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2000, 01:48 PM   #2
driggins
Registered Member

I have done the same thing to my 66' and the turn stops on mine had to be grinned off some to allow the car to turn correctly. The darting is a problem I did not have but it sounds like the steering box is not adjusted correctly. Try adjusting the setting 1/2 turn one way and drive. This should tell you if you need to adjust in the other direction. My Dad told me once that if the steering box was adjusted to dead center it would do what yours is doing.

Good Luck!
driggins is offline   Reply With Quote