View Single Post
Old 10-19-2000, 06:01 PM   #2
make7UPYOURS

are you using an auto or stick trans? you will need to use the oilpan off your 68 302 and pickup tube. are you using carb or efi? on my 67 i kept the v-belt style waterpump/aternator pulleys along with old style pump. 5.0 has sepentine with reverse flow pump. i also changed the dip stick/tube to be sure it worked with old style pan so i drilled the hole in the front right side of the aluminum timing chain cover and put it there. then i plugged the hole in the left side of the block where the 5.0 stick goes. i plugged the exaust holes in the back of the 5.0 heads...where the exaust crossover tube is. us old motor mounts. i really need more info to advise you further, carb or efi and what transmission??? remeber the 302 as the 5.0 is externally balanced so be sure to us the flexplate/flywheel with the correct harmonic balancer. ive done this conversion and i can help you. you will be very pleased with the results.

------------------
67stang coupe, carb on 5.0, 4 speed, 4.11's....8.33 @ 83 in 1/8 mile wantings 7's