View Single Post
Old 10-19-2000, 10:30 PM   #4
make7UPYOURS

im assuming its a c-4, im almost certain you will need to use the harmonic balancer from the old 302 with the flexplate/torque converter from the auto. i dont know if you will need to block the exaust crossover on the back of the heads, it may be part of the emissions, i dont know it the computer will need it. you will need the computer from the car you take the 5.0 from, i recomend an 87-92 motor and ones with mass air intake are even better. mass air allows mods to the engine easier than speed density. you'll also need a high pressure fuel pump like one from the 5.0 to feed the injectors, the old pump wont work. if you are using the efi, just keep the serpentine belt system along with all the pieces connected to the front of the 5.0.....im not sure how the electrical will hook up but im sure there are connectors available to hook the new style alternator into your old wiring harness. get everything you can from the donor car. the 5.0 efi will want the same fuel and electrical power as it gets in the fox chasis. i went with the carb since i only had a motor...no donor car....and it was simpler for me. good luck.

------------------
67stang coupe, carb on 5.0, 4 speed, 4.11's....8.33 @ 83 in 1/8 mile wanting 7's