MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2000, 01:15 PM   #1
USMCOBRA
Registered Member

Thumbs down Where are all the old mustangs?

This board seem to have more for the newer cars than for those of us that drive the old cars, so I was wondering, just where are all the old mustang at these days?
I drive a 66 mustang pickup,
60 miles a day to and from work,
I made it myself,
and although it is not yet finished I get a lot of completements at shows on it,
even though it is perhaps the ultimate daily driver.
so tell me about yours?
USMCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 06:07 PM   #2
red
Registered Member

Talking

I have a 1965 fastback. I bought it in 1986 and have been driving it since 1989. I have pretty much redone every piece in the last 14 years, most twice Next mods are a big aluminum radiator (Fluidyne) and a Pertronix ignition.

-JON
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 07:12 PM   #3
Ron1
Registered Member

I have a 65 FB..mostly 1/4 mile car, am in the process of buying back my 65 Coupe, my first restoration, and have a 68 FB that is in process. A major work, since we are dropping in a 514 CI Motorsport crate motor. The car should be completed by March of next year. For more info go to www.rfedd.bigstep.com

Ron
Ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 07:29 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

Glad to hear that you're getting the '65 coupe back Ron1. Nothing like having your first one back in the stable. Hope I never have to part with my '66 coupe.

USMCOBRA, the '66 coupe was my first almost new car bought in '68 with 17,000 miles. After 12 yrs. of hard use, it sat in the garage for 15 years until I had time and money in '95 to restomod it. Now my weekend warriar doing mostly street duty with occasional forrays to the strip. I do have to work on it almost every weekend for some reason or the other. My wife says it's the other woman. LOL.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, windage
tray, TRW flat tops, 351W
heads,pocket ported, 268
CC hydraulic cam, R tip
R's, Edelbrock Performer,
600 CFM Holley vac. secs.,
Mallory Unilite, coil, fuel
pump, Tri-Y headers, 2 1/2 "
custom pipes, 3 chamber
Flows, stock C-4, 3.25
Currie built 8" rear,
March under drive pulleys,
13.97 e.t., 100.1 mph
1/4 mi.

TCI 2400 stall converter
B&M Trans-pac shift kit
No new track times until
cool weather
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2000, 08:51 AM   #5
USMCOBRA
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good to hear that I am not alone in my love for the old stangs, I have only had coupes since 1976, but dream of someday having a fastback, part of the reason I built a pick up was because I grew tired of having coupes and wanted something different.It is only a six banger, but as we all know the 200s are almost indestructable, I know, I've tried. Props to those of you still bringing the old stangs back to life.
You got to go with the pertronix ignition, I love those things! Nothing I have ever installed on the old mustangs delivers more for less. They wake up the old stangs from their deep sleep and are virtual fool proof to install. They make daily driving fun again.
USMCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2000, 01:23 PM   #6
agm64
Registered Member

Believe it or not, we're still out there....

I'm on my third pony. First was a '66 coupe with a 200 six. It was a bondo bucket and I ended up selling it for $500.

Next was a '67 coupe with a 289 C code. I rebuilt the motor, had new floors put in and was working on finding the right place to do a paint job. At the same time, however, I lost my garage facilities. Being in my early 20s and having left the house, I was hoping I could lean on Mom. Sadly, since Dad had passed (as was my only supporter in the endeavor), I struck out. So I had to do the right thing and find a new home for her.

Now, I just picked up a find. 64 1/2 convertible, D code 289, P/B, P/S, power top, A/C. It was restored six years ago by Chicago Mustang Works and they did a fantastic job. There's just some TLC stuff on the paint that needs to be done and it's cherry. She's my new girlfriend and I drive my wife nuts as I coddle it.

------------------
Allan Munsie
64 1/2 Convertible
D Code 289
PB, PS, PT, AC
agm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2000, 07:16 PM   #7
malepilot
Registered Member

Thumbs up

We're here. I'm in my 4th year of rebuilding a 67 coupe. New floor boards, interier, and a new stroker 351W almost ready to go. But now I'm on orders for Saudi Arabia. So I'm letting the car set in my enclosed car trailer for 12 months. Sure would like to here that 351 stoker roar but feel its safer to be freshly put together with out the water. Good luck to all. Malepilot
malepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2000, 04:47 PM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

well as u can tell by the name i have a 69 f/b. It was purchased back in 72 by the parents on their honeymoon. The car was parked back in 77 on the side of the house until 96 when my parents decied i could have it then my father and I sent the next two years getting it ready to drive. Now the car is strickly for showing off and racing. The mods keep getting better and better and as time goes on until i get it whre i want it.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet:bored .030, forged aluminum pistons, C & A rings, Engle cam, Edelbrock intake, 750 cmf carb, Hooker headers, March pullies, all ignition componets MSD, Holley 7psi fuel pump, Art Carr C-6, TCI torque converter, 4:30 gears, H pipe, subframe connectors, lift bars.

I aso have a stock 96 GT.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2000, 08:41 PM   #9
dirtyGT
Registered Member

My town has alot of older stangs almost as many as 5.0's i'll try to get some of them to join
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2000, 05:35 PM   #10
make7UPYOURS

i appreciate both old and late models, as long as they arent restored trailer queers. nothing like 5.0 power in a classic, gets attention at the strip, as well as respect.

------------------
67stang coupe, carb on 5.0, 4 speed, 4.11's....8.41 @ 83mph in 1/8 wanting 7's
Old 09-21-2000, 09:00 AM   #11
64.5tex
Registered Member

I just acquired a 64 1/2 mustang convertible
Would like to join with others in a club. Dallas Area. e-mail georgefrench@realtor.com
64.5tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2000, 10:46 AM   #12
Diggedirt
Registered Member

They're out there, but if mine is an example some of them are in a garage or other storage place waiting for the time and money to come around-I can wish can't I!- seems like the two never get together. I am jealous of everyone who gets to drive thier 'Stang when they want to...I'll be there someday. If there are any classic guys in the Peoria, IL area I would like to know.
The new Mustangs are great but nothin' has the style of a classic!

------------------
72 Mach 1
Waitin' for cash!
Diggedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2000, 04:31 PM   #13
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I drive my 66 each and every day through rain, snow, heat, cold, dust, dirt, etc, etc. Paint is the only major item left (although I will buy parts for this car till the day I die). The resto has taken major time and $$$ being a daily driver - but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's going to stay a straight six 'cause she runs like a top. I figure if I need another V8 aside from my 96 I'll just go into debt and buy a 65 fastback. A lot of people say I am destroying the car by driving it every day. Screw that. I take care of it in every detail. I don't rag on the trailered cars or garage sitters 'cause that's cool too, but these cars want to be driven. Excuse me while I go lay down a little six cylinder burnout in the parking lot.
BTW I consider myself lucky as the 66 was my wife's car when we got married. Redheads look great in Stangs.

Stefan

------------------
66 Standard coupe
200 inline 6 - Pertronix ignition, Flamethrower Coil, K&N, Clifford Perf. 6 into 2 headers, Holley carb, three row radiator, Firestone Firehawk 215/60R14's

96 GT Convertible
Bosch Platinum +4 plugs, B&M Ripper, Borla Side exhaust,
K&N, removed air silencer, Tokico struts/ shocks
Next up: 3:73's, high flow H-Pipe
www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?258
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 12:45 AM   #14
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

My '65 Coupe is very special since it was my first Mustang, my high school ride, and the car my girlfriend (now wife) fell in love with. I've had this Mustang since '83, and I'm never selling it.

I sometimes regret modifying it, but I know that over 500,000 were made that year and mine's pretty common.

Btw, it's almost finished with the 5.0 install and top loader/9" conversion. Next comes the Global West hardware. Gotta love a wife that lets her man have his hobbies.

------------------
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 07:55 PM   #15
hehhehmule
Registered Member

We're still here! I still have the S-code fastback I got when I was 16, and I have a 66 K-code engine in my 4X4 ranger. It's a good life isn't it. (Though neither is a match for my 88 5.0, or my 94 cough-cough Z)
hehhehmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: