MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
SCHOONER
Registered Member

Question Where Can I Buy A New Air Conditioner

Hi Everyone

My lovely wife just bought me a 1966 Mustang Convertible with no air conditioning. Here in Las Vegas it doesn't get hot IT GETS BURNING

Finally my questions please:
WHERE CAN I BUY A NEW AIR CONDITIONER FOR MY V8 ~ 289cid

THANK YOU EVERYONE & GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
SCHOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Default Re: Where Can I Buy A New Air Conditioner

This Product is what you need. Vintage air is by far the best and you will pay for it. No A/C systems are cheap, really wouldn't want a cheap one anyway.

The dealer in the link above I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT FROM. Its what came up when I did a google search.

.......anyway,,,,,,Vintage Air is your answer. Im sure someone near you installs them. Not that big of job.

O-yeah,,,Does your wife have a sister? Id settle for just a hardtop.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:10 AM   #3
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Take a look at: http://www.ackits.com
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #4
SCHOONER
Registered Member

Hey Frank

Thanks for the info. I'll call these people. What I don't find on their website is the brand of condensor that goes along with the A/C.

Frank I'm new to all this stuff. I mean I have some general knowlege about engines. The three pharses such as: Electrical, Mechanical and Fuel.

And other thing if you will Frank. I see the part for the A/C of their webpage but I don't see the HOUSING. Do I have to buy that seperately?
I need the unit that goes under the dash not the one that goes into the dash.

Thank Frank
Ray

P.S. My wife doesn't have a sister - but I can fix you up with our neighor. She very $$$ rich and is retired. Use to wori in Ringling Bro. in a Miget Act. . . . lol

Take care Frank.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

The original air hung under the dash in the middle. It contained the evaporator core/vents/blower. In not aware of any current manufacturers of the old parts. I know they can be found rebuilt, $$. If you looking for concours car show quaility then that may be what you want to do. I don't like that unit because it interfears with a console and it butt ugly.

The Vintage air unit in that picture all hides under the passengers dash. Look below the lines, theres two vents you can mount anywhere. Under the dash (hidden) or hanging from the dash. It doesn't require any cuts in the dash anywhere.

As far as the condesor, (part that sits in grill) You'd have to call Vintage Air and ask them who makes it. Id about bet a major radiator company does. I would say the same for the evaporator core, (inside car.)

*Vinage air uses late model A/C parts. SO all the parts can be had at any local parts houses, and fixed by anyone. It uses R134, which is the current freon.

*Original air used R12. If you get a remanufactured original system its converted over to R134. Although it will cool, it wasn't made for R134. You may run into problems right off the bat. And with anything that is remanfatured, it doesn't always last.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:36 AM   #6
SCHOONER
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangII460
The original air hung under the dash in the middle. It contained the evaporator core/vents/blower. In not aware of any current manufacturers of the old parts. I know they can be found rebuilt, $$. If you looking for concours car show quaility then that may be what you want to do. I don't like that unit because it interfears with a console and it butt ugly.

The Vintage air unit in that picture all hides under the passengers dash. Look below the lines, theres two vents you can mount anywhere. Under the dash (hidden) or hanging from the dash. It doesn't require any cuts in the dash anywhere.

As far as the condesor, (part that sits in grill) You'd have to call Vintage Air and ask them who makes it. Id about bet a major radiator company does. I would say the same for the evaporator core, (inside car.)

*Vinage air uses late model A/C parts. SO all the parts can be had at any local parts houses, and fixed by anyone. It uses R134, which is the current freon.

*Original air used R12. If you get a remanufactured original system its converted over to R134. Although it will cool, it wasn't made for R134. You may run into problems right off the bat. And with anything that is remanfatured, it doesn't always last.
Hey Frank

I sure appreciate all the info you put out there for me. I'll follow up on it when my wife gives me my allowance $ $ $ hey lawyers make lots of dough. She just passed the Nevada Bar so I'll give her so time to cough-up the Do-Re- Me,Me,Me . . .lol

THANKS AGAIN FRANK
RAY

"IF ITS 2 GOOD 2 BEE TRUE ~ WELL I'LL LET YOU FIGURE IT OUT."