MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Why do V6 Mustang owners rice up... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=24621)

Lizard King 06-03-2002 05:04 PM

Why do V6 Mustang owners rice up...

I don't know if it's just here in Ottawa, but it seems that all the 4ft high wings, the sin full altezzas, and billion stickers go on V6 Mustangs. Seems to me as well that the riced up ones are driven by the pimping 18 year old with cap on backwards ... It's like they are trying to compensate for something...

Have you ever seen this? A notch type mustang with the single exaust pipe 5.0 style. You gotta be kidding!

Why I ask WHY????

lx mike 06-03-2002 05:36 PM

Quote:

It's like they are trying to compensate for something...
Yes they are. lack of power. They aren't fast so they want to "look" fast.

1969Mach1 06-03-2002 09:45 PM

Re: Why do V6 Mustang owners rice up...

Quote:

Originally posted by Lizard King
It's like they are trying to compensate for something...
Why I ask WHY????

They are deprived children, there parents didn't educate them on them. If I come home and had a Mustang or any car riced out my dad would kick me in the head and crush my car into a little cube. It's pretty funny cause I have acouple rice boy friends and he'll come home to find a riced out Honda parked in my driveway and be like what the hell is that in my driveway. Although he still respects there own opinion of there style he still enjoys making fun of them like the rest of us. :D

SinisterSN95 06-03-2002 11:46 PM

I bought my V6 with my own money, i'm 21 now and i didnt do anything rice to it. I even had it blown for a period of time until i needed to help pay bills. It was running low 14's and even had a 13 second pass.

Hell, what do i really know though. I should go buy a 4 foot S351 wing and put GT badges on it now :rolleyes: :D

Crazy Horse GT 06-03-2002 11:57 PM

not all 6 bangers are riced out, i have seen riced out gt's & even a few cobras :eek: :eek: :eek: , so not all of our fellow stangers with 6's are rice. that is all, over & out.:D ;)

929PhoenixSquid 06-04-2002 11:30 AM

Well, you have to look at it this way: There aren't a whole lot of otions that V6's have like the 5.0 and 4.6's of the world. Moddin your car is an instinct, so they search for anything to make their car stand out.

Hey, if it's ugly as **** and makes you wince, at least you are LOOKING at them. Usually, you see a Mustang, get interested, then notice that it's a little 6 banger and stop paying attention.

TexasLazer 06-04-2002 11:42 AM

No, It is even down here in Texas. If they are going to spend that much money on the car, go ahead and buy a GT. And Stop looking like a wantabe street racer.

Crazy Horse GT 06-04-2002 11:48 AM

i just got the new california mustang catalog, there is a few pages devouted to the 3.8 stang's, sorry guy's just because i have a gt, im not going to knock the v-6's chop's, unless they are riced out :rolleyes: :D :D

SinisterSN95 06-04-2002 12:09 PM

not all V6 owners are f'n rich and could afford 1) the price tag on the GT or 2) the crazy insurance.

Until i get older, i'll keep my 3.8, and non riced either.

SinisterSN95 06-04-2002 12:10 PM

and the people that talk **** about them too are usually the ones that pick on them when they are minding their buisiness driving down the street.

i hate GT owners and Cobra owners that do that sh*t.

929PhoenixSquid 06-04-2002 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SinisterSN95
and the people that talk **** about them too are usually the ones that pick on them when they are minding their buisiness driving down the street.

i hate GT owners and Cobra owners that do that sh*t.

Back up the carriage there buddy. I don't think anyone is knocking V6's per se..... I think we are complaining about some of the rediculous mods some V6 owners do to their cars. Like a triple stacked wing or bright lime green and pink decals....etc

1969 Stang 06-04-2002 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
i just got the new california mustang catalog
I love caifornia mustang...its like 20min. from my house...unless I'm driving then its like 5...j/k...I made it in like 15 once...but I didn't speed and got all green lights...anyways it is a good place but if you ever go there in person go like 15min. early because they get busy and are kinda slow...lol

SinisterSN95 06-05-2002 04:41 PM

I see where you are coming from, but i dont like being put in the category of being a "ricer" V6 driver. There are some v8's out there too that are like it...

prime example-

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...3/chrisfd2.jpg

Its a GT dressed up to be a "saleen" with GAY altezzas.

V6 owners arent all bad...but yes, some of them should be wiped from the genepool

StoplightWarrior 06-05-2002 05:30 PM

I have to say, I hate v6 mustangs. I swear, if I speed up cause I see a stang in the distance, then get there only to find out it's a v6 mustang one more time!!!! Why do they even make v6 stangs? A mustang is supposed to be quick. When Johnny Ricer beats a v6 stang, and doesnt know any better, he goes and tells all his friends how slow mustangs are. I know, I know, v6'ers say, "Maybe I cant afford a Gt." or "I don't want to pay the insurance on a GT." BS!!! I had a v6 stang, and I sold it for $9600 and then bought a NEWER GT for $10,000, and it had fewer miles!! My insurance only went up $400 a year. So, all in all, I got a newer car, with less miles, and a freaking GT at that, for all of $800. Plus, that 800 is nominal, cause I had easily put that much into my v6 stang (pulleys, chip, dual exhaust) before I sold it. Cmon, v6ers, see the light!! Don't have false pride!! There are better options out there!! I thank the lord everyday for my v8 mustangs.

Disclaimer: I don't really hate v6's, haha, they are always good to make me feel better about myself. :D

blue00gt 06-05-2002 06:48 PM

Sinister - Why are you a moderator at modernmusclecars.net when you don't seem to have a muscle car? :eek:

SinisterSN95 06-05-2002 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue00gt
Sinister - Why are you a moderator at modernmusclecars.net when you don't seem to have a muscle car? :eek:
Well, up until maybe a month ago my stang was blown and it was running low 14's and even an upper 13 second pass. I did have a fast one, but had to sell all of my parts to help pay for college. And i became a rather respected member over there so he let me be one of the moderators. AND, it seems as if they were MUCH more open minded over there about what constitutes a "muscle car" seeing as REAL muscle cars died back in the early 70's IMO.

But seeing as i don't have a V8, i might as well just shutup and mind my buisiness. :rolleyes: The key word is being open minded about people who own V6's. At least we are driving Mustangs, narrow minded mustang owners who think that Mustangs live and die according to the V8 are pretty damn stupid. I'm happy with my V6, and i bought it and paid for everything on it all by myself, and i'm putting myself through college with no parent help.

Just be more open-minded and dont think that your masculinity goes down when someone in a V6 Mustang comes up one day and blows your doors off :)

Thats all. :D (not all directed to you blue)

StoplightWarrior 06-05-2002 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SinisterSN95

Just be more open-minded and dont think that your masculinity goes down when someone in a V6 Mustang comes up one day and blows your doors off :)

I respect you and the fact that you made your v6 really nice. Still, I PROMISE I will never lose to a v6 stang.

polara7777 06-05-2002 11:35 PM

Why are we bashing on each other? If someone can't aford a GT and they get even an old 4 banger notch at least it's not a Honda. I think this is really pointless.

929PhoenixSquid 06-05-2002 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by polara7777
Why are we bashing on each other? If someone can't aford a GT and they get even an old 4 banger notch at least it's not a Honda. I think this is really pointless.

Hey, I own a Honda and I'm really offended....blah, blah.....whine, whine....you hurt my feelings and all that good stuff. :D

(course.....my Honda's got wings on the side.....hehe)

In case anyone missed my point.....it's as follows. Don't be so freakin sensitive about your car. If you are THAT easily offended by comments made by others, then maybe the problem lies WITHIN, and not externally. People will says things to get a rise out of you all your life. If you can't handle it on a website, how are you gonna survive in the real world???? Soooo....if you have a V6, enjoy it, do what you want, and don't let what others say bother you. Because if you do, then you wind up irritating others with your stupid complaining.

polara7777 06-05-2002 11:47 PM

I perfectly agree!

You almost lost me on that wings on the side thing. I'm over here going they make planes too??? Oh yeah the tank emblem DUH!!! Man I need sleep.