MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2002, 05:04 PM   #1
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Default Why do V6 Mustang owners rice up...

I don't know if it's just here in Ottawa, but it seems that all the 4ft high wings, the sin full altezzas, and billion stickers go on V6 Mustangs. Seems to me as well that the riced up ones are driven by the pimping 18 year old with cap on backwards ... It's like they are trying to compensate for something...

Have you ever seen this? A notch type mustang with the single exaust pipe 5.0 style. You gotta be kidding!

Why I ask WHY????

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Old 06-03-2002, 05:36 PM   #2
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
It's like they are trying to compensate for something...
Yes they are. lack of power. They aren't fast so they want to "look" fast.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
Old 06-03-2002, 09:45 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Re: Why do V6 Mustang owners rice up...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King
It's like they are trying to compensate for something...
Why I ask WHY????
They are deprived children, there parents didn't educate them on them. If I come home and had a Mustang or any car riced out my dad would kick me in the head and crush my car into a little cube. It's pretty funny cause I have acouple rice boy friends and he'll come home to find a riced out Honda parked in my driveway and be like what the hell is that in my driveway. Although he still respects there own opinion of there style he still enjoys making fun of them like the rest of us.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
Old 06-03-2002, 11:46 PM   #4
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

I bought my V6 with my own money, i'm 21 now and i didnt do anything rice to it. I even had it blown for a period of time until i needed to help pay bills. It was running low 14's and even had a 13 second pass.

Hell, what do i really know though. I should go buy a 4 foot S351 wing and put GT badges on it now
Old 06-03-2002, 11:57 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

not all 6 bangers are riced out, i have seen riced out gt's & even a few cobras , so not all of our fellow stangers with 6's are rice. that is all, over & out.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #6
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Well, you have to look at it this way: There aren't a whole lot of otions that V6's have like the 5.0 and 4.6's of the world. Moddin your car is an instinct, so they search for anything to make their car stand out.

Hey, if it's ugly as **** and makes you wince, at least you are LOOKING at them. Usually, you see a Mustang, get interested, then notice that it's a little 6 banger and stop paying attention.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 06-04-2002, 11:42 AM   #7
TexasLazer
Registered Member

No, It is even down here in Texas. If they are going to spend that much money on the car, go ahead and buy a GT. And Stop looking like a wantabe street racer.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i just got the new california mustang catalog, there is a few pages devouted to the 3.8 stang's, sorry guy's just because i have a gt, im not going to knock the v-6's chop's, unless they are riced out

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Old 06-04-2002, 12:09 PM   #9
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

not all V6 owners are f'n rich and could afford 1) the price tag on the GT or 2) the crazy insurance.

Until i get older, i'll keep my 3.8, and non riced either.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:10 PM   #10
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

and the people that talk **** about them too are usually the ones that pick on them when they are minding their buisiness driving down the street.

i hate GT owners and Cobra owners that do that sh*t.
Old 06-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #11
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SinisterSN95
and the people that talk **** about them too are usually the ones that pick on them when they are minding their buisiness driving down the street.

i hate GT owners and Cobra owners that do that sh*t.

Back up the carriage there buddy. I don't think anyone is knocking V6's per se..... I think we are complaining about some of the rediculous mods some V6 owners do to their cars. Like a triple stacked wing or bright lime green and pink decals....etc

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 06-04-2002, 05:26 PM   #12
1969 Stang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
i just got the new california mustang catalog
I love caifornia mustang...its like 20min. from my house...unless I'm driving then its like 5...j/k...I made it in like 15 once...but I didn't speed and got all green lights...anyways it is a good place but if you ever go there in person go like 15min. early because they get busy and are kinda slow...lol

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
Old 06-05-2002, 04:41 PM   #13
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

I see where you are coming from, but i dont like being put in the category of being a "ricer" V6 driver. There are some v8's out there too that are like it...

prime example-

Its a GT dressed up to be a "saleen" with GAY altezzas.

V6 owners arent all bad...but yes, some of them should be wiped from the genepool
Old 06-05-2002, 05:30 PM   #14
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I have to say, I hate v6 mustangs. I swear, if I speed up cause I see a stang in the distance, then get there only to find out it's a v6 mustang one more time!!!! Why do they even make v6 stangs? A mustang is supposed to be quick. When Johnny Ricer beats a v6 stang, and doesnt know any better, he goes and tells all his friends how slow mustangs are. I know, I know, v6'ers say, "Maybe I cant afford a Gt." or "I don't want to pay the insurance on a GT." BS!!! I had a v6 stang, and I sold it for $9600 and then bought a NEWER GT for $10,000, and it had fewer miles!! My insurance only went up $400 a year. So, all in all, I got a newer car, with less miles, and a freaking GT at that, for all of $800. Plus, that 800 is nominal, cause I had easily put that much into my v6 stang (pulleys, chip, dual exhaust) before I sold it. Cmon, v6ers, see the light!! Don't have false pride!! There are better options out there!! I thank the lord everyday for my v8 mustangs.

Disclaimer: I don't really hate v6's, haha, they are always good to make me feel better about myself.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-05-2002, 06:48 PM   #15
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Sinister - Why are you a moderator at modernmusclecars.net when you don't seem to have a muscle car?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:13 PM   #16
SinisterSN95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
Sinister - Why are you a moderator at modernmusclecars.net when you don't seem to have a muscle car?
Well, up until maybe a month ago my stang was blown and it was running low 14's and even an upper 13 second pass. I did have a fast one, but had to sell all of my parts to help pay for college. And i became a rather respected member over there so he let me be one of the moderators. AND, it seems as if they were MUCH more open minded over there about what constitutes a "muscle car" seeing as REAL muscle cars died back in the early 70's IMO.

But seeing as i don't have a V8, i might as well just shutup and mind my buisiness. The key word is being open minded about people who own V6's. At least we are driving Mustangs, narrow minded mustang owners who think that Mustangs live and die according to the V8 are pretty damn stupid. I'm happy with my V6, and i bought it and paid for everything on it all by myself, and i'm putting myself through college with no parent help.

Just be more open-minded and dont think that your masculinity goes down when someone in a V6 Mustang comes up one day and blows your doors off

Thats all. (not all directed to you blue)
Old 06-05-2002, 11:14 PM   #17
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SinisterSN95

Just be more open-minded and dont think that your masculinity goes down when someone in a V6 Mustang comes up one day and blows your doors off

I respect you and the fact that you made your v6 really nice. Still, I PROMISE I will never lose to a v6 stang.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 06-05-2002, 11:35 PM   #18
polara7777
Registered Member

Why are we bashing on each other? If someone can't aford a GT and they get even an old 4 banger notch at least it's not a Honda. I think this is really pointless.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
Old 06-05-2002, 11:42 PM   #19
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by polara7777
Why are we bashing on each other? If someone can't aford a GT and they get even an old 4 banger notch at least it's not a Honda. I think this is really pointless.

Hey, I own a Honda and I'm really offended....blah, blah.....whine, whine....you hurt my feelings and all that good stuff.

(course.....my Honda's got wings on the side.....hehe)

In case anyone missed my point.....it's as follows. Don't be so freakin sensitive about your car. If you are THAT easily offended by comments made by others, then maybe the problem lies WITHIN, and not externally. People will says things to get a rise out of you all your life. If you can't handle it on a website, how are you gonna survive in the real world???? Soooo....if you have a V6, enjoy it, do what you want, and don't let what others say bother you. Because if you do, then you wind up irritating others with your stupid complaining.

Old 06-05-2002, 11:47 PM   #20
polara7777
Registered Member

I perfectly agree!

You almost lost me on that wings on the side thing. I'm over here going they make planes too??? Oh yeah the tank emblem DUH!!! Man I need sleep.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: