MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-31-2001, 09:20 PM   #1
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Red face A show from a no SHO.

Yeah I was driving today (Taurus) and thought I would make the light if I up-ed the speed and the cut the corner. NO! I got to the four way intersection and I was going to turn while the light was yellow but a car in the oppsite lane kept going, so I had to stop. My all weather tires skreached (sp)!!!! I burned rubber, I could smell it. I had to back up and let the other people turn. This guy in a truck was passing by and was looking in the car smiling- but he looked impressed. I feel so dumb. I knew I could not make it. I know half the people thought it was an accident. I need to get rid of this HOT fast-
racing blood before I get my Mustang. I'm serious.

[This message has been edited by #1 Pony (edited 07-31-2001).]
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Don't worry, once you've got it in your system your hooked. Found myself trying to figure out how to slap a 4 cyl. with a turbo in the nephews go-cart last night.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 06:22 PM   #3
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer:
Don't worry, once you've got it in your system your hooked. Found myself trying to figure out how to slap a 4 cyl. with a turbo in the nephews go-cart last night.

Not to worry?
I mean my blood boils for speed. It's agood thing when your a pro racer.
It's gotten extra bad since I learned I can get a new car and I'm waiting on the word to pick it up.
Yeah I wanted to slap some more power on a go-cart myself.
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 05:01 AM   #4
Vector
Registered Member

You think it's bad for you? I'm screaching around corners literaly in my 2.5 ton F-150, with major body roll all the way around Bench seating too

I remember going around a corner fairly fast that came to a dead stop while intersecting another road... hard braking! Full screaching slide as the 2.5 tons groaned to a stop. The truck has rear wheel anti-lock (supposedly) but the fronts always lock up for sure. What's the point of anti-lock if your steering wheels lock up? I thought ABS was supposed to help steering under braking.

At least the power is there with the 5.0 V8
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote