MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2001, 10:37 AM   #1
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Wink Why do dudes bash chicks?

why do dudes bash chicks about cars or anything else in general...are you inferior? some of us do happen to know a few things ya know., because of the reality of inferiority?
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 10:52 AM   #2
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I have a lot of respect for women who are into cars. I went to the drag strip awhile back and most of the rails were piloted by women. I was in awe.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #3
Dangerous Dave
Registered Member

Thumbs up

What happened that made you post this now? Personnally I love women who work on and race cars. That is a dream girl for me-- who would enjoy spending a Saturday afternoon together wrenching away on our cars to make them faster!!
Dangerous Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
Coupe Devil

No I dont bash women! Especially ones that have hot rods, race, or do their own work. I think it is very cool for a woman to be into cars. And you are right I am inferior. A woman has a better reaction time, greater sense of the car, and look alot better driving fast stangs than guys do. I would much rather see a woman in a stang than a man, (unless its me obviously). This is the best place in the world for men and wome nto come together and talk about cars and other stuff out of RESPECT for the car and each other.

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 12:14 PM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Default Not sure

I don't know many guys that don't like girls that have a intrest in cars. I think most guys on this board have girl problems cause there g/f don't understand why they love there car so much. I would love if my girlfriend loved cars as much as me. But she is slowly coming around. When I get married I'm buying my wife a Mustang. =) That way she can't steal mine. hehehe.... Maybe the ones that complain because there loosing to girls. hehehe

Take it Easy all,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 12:20 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I dont think I bash girls. I like Girls. Girls are good (For the most part )

Just wish there were more girls that liked cars as much as some of us guys do. That would make relationships and cruise nights much easier and less troublesome.

Well, a girl that likes DOMESTIC muscle. And digs street racing. Okay where are you all at?
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 04:07 PM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Why do dudes bash chicks about cars or anything else in general...are you inferior? some of us do happen to know a few things ya know., because of the reality of inferiority?

Mustangdani555:

Why the question and why the 'inferior' comments?

True, some of our members do post rather sad stories about being dumped by long-time girlfriends that they cared for very much, only to find out the feeling wasn't mutual when they had every reason to believe it was. That hurts. Others are used by chicks (your word) just to get something or otherwise treated poorly and a few come here to vent and get some support. What's wrong with that. I'll admit, we only get one side of the story - the guy's - but since we're all basically anonymous here, that isn't a big deal.

As for 'bashing chicks' about their knowledge - or lack of it - regarding cars; that doesn't happen often and is discouraged or outright stopped (by deleting the thread) if it does. That's immature, middle-school stuff and not worth our time.

Mustang Works Online is and always has been very female-friendly. Our Girls Can Too section, established and moderated by the lovely and Mustang-knowledgable Nicolle Douglas is a perfect example of our dedication to serving female Mustangers and fans.

Maybe you've been visiting the wrong Mustang/performance car websites. Stick around; this is a good place for Mustang fans of either gender and we consider no one as 'inferior'.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:42 PM   #8
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***why do dudes bash chicks about cars or anything else in general...are you inferior? some of us do happen to know a few things ya know., because of the reality of inferiority?

Ok what happened, come on, you can tell us. We are pretty cool here, and I haven't seen anyone on here that bash girls. Justin.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:46 PM   #9
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

one of my very good friends who knows lots about mustangs is female. she owns 2 of them! I always turn to her for advise and thoughts!

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:35 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

I personnally have seen very little girl bashing on this site. Actually, bashing anyone here is frowned upon unless he just out-and-out begs for it. I think most of us here appreciate the ladies interested in Mustangs. Some are very capable and also extremely fast (the cars that is) . Others have eye popping show cars. I believe we value the ladies here.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:53 PM   #11
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I never would bash a girl for anything. No matter what she said or did. Especially if I see a girl driving a hot car or if I get beat by one. Just think, if she beats me, i get to ask her what she has in it. If that's not a conversation starter, I don't know what is

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 09:18 PM   #12
srv1
Get down.....

Talking

girl bashing? i agree with the others, you must have been in an another forum. MW doesnt have that. if it does, its small and doesnt last long.

mustangdani55, what brang this on? explain...we are all interested!

as for me, im all for you for being into cars and other women. so whats the scoop?
Old 11-13-2001, 10:25 PM   #13
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Most defenilty u will never see any bashing of women on here. Something must have happened somewhere else. Yes please do tell us. My problem is it seems like i do find women that like cars as much as me they just always like chevys. What the deal with that is i don't know.

The guys that do it are just threatened by females. They are scared of u that is all so they just lash out in the only way they know how. Yes it is very stupid and childish.

I know every single guy on here would love to meet a women that loves mustangs just as much as the rest of us.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 11:32 PM   #14
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

try not to broadly generalize all men that way, that's like saying ALL women lie, and cheat!
Old 11-13-2001, 11:33 PM   #15
347MOM
Registered Member

I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THE GUYS ON THE FORUM!!! THEY ARE GREAT. THEY ARE VERY RESPECTFUL TO US ON THESE BOARDS. YOU NEED TO GO THE FEMALE FORUM!! GET THIS THE GUYS EVEN ASKS US QUESTIONS OVER THERE!!! THEY HAVE RESPECT FOR US AND US FOR THEM!!! WE ARE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY HERE!!!! MY HUSBAND IS ON THESE BOARDS AND HAS NOTHING BUT ADMIRATION FOR LADIES THAT RACE THEIR CARS!!!
I RACE AND SHOW MY CAR AND I LOVE IT AND GUY GO CRAZY WHEN THEY FIND OUT!!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 04:45 AM   #16
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Smile

i would never bash girls that are into cars, or just in general, i respect EVERY ladie on this site they are all great, they have a sense of humor & are very knowledgeable about just about anything, not just car's so i salute every ladie on here. btw 2fastlx love that pic of that stang blowing by the OTHERcar

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 05:50 AM   #17
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Thumbs up

For me, it is a big turn on to see a female in a mustang. Even more of one if it sounds great, looks great, and beat my paints off the line(and I'm not just talking about the car). It is true, some guys do bash women, I've seen it before, but me, I go over and help if they need any. I think there is nothing better then to see then a female under the hood of her stang! I have been trying to find one of the kind of rare gifts of the gods, so if u know of any, please, please send them my way.

P.S. Between the age of 18-21, although, older women my still be a turn on if they are like this, I do want someone in my age group.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 05:59 AM   #18
PKRWUD

One of my biggest turn-ons is a woman who knows the difference between a 12pt 1/2" deep socket and a 6pt 13mm deep socket, yet knows they are often interchangable. A woman that is into the world of automotive technology can't be beat. When we race, it's very seldom that a girl in the pits understands the answers to any of her questions, but the ones that do are tops, in my book. Any woman that has found her way onto these forums is a step above the rest, in my opinion.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 06:01 AM   #19
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

well, come on now, there is a line, I can't have a women that knows more about cars then me!!! lol
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 03:30 PM   #20
mustangdani55
Registered Member

Cool why do dudes bash chicks...

thanks for all the good feedback.. i have had bbaadd experience and i guess i was just feeling down.. sounds like ya'll are good people here i look forward to with ya'll. yep i'm from texas originally,indiana transplant. but i still got it.

SAY GOODBYE
mustangdani55 is offline   Reply With Quote