MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-17-2002, 07:58 AM   #1
bri32zz
Registered Member

Thumbs down Found out I have cancer

4 Weeks ago I found out that I have cancer. I just now got the courage to tell my family. I am in the middle stages of it. The pain is awful. I will be in surgery next week and then will under go intensive chemo-therapy. I am in such shock. Reallity has not set in quit yet. The type of cancer I have is the most aggressive the doctors tell me. It is testical cancer. I am embarrassed to say it but I need to tell my friends here at MW. When I told my wife she cried for 12hrs straight which also made me VERY upset to see her sad. I can deal with it right now because like I said the reality has yet set in. Please say a prayer with me and hope for the best. Thanks
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/
Rice Haters Club Member #82
My wife is AWSOME!!!!!!!!
bri32zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
USMC302
Registered Member

Our prayers are with you.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:05 AM   #3
PKRWUD

I'm not religious, but I will pray for you. I can't begin to imagine what you must be going through, but you know that you have family and friends right here, if you need us for anything.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 09:35 AM   #4
lx mike
Undescribable

brian: check you pm's
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #5
SVOCOP
Registered Member

I can really feel for you man, my wife is finishing up her last few days of radiation for breast cancer. We were fortunate she didn't have to have chemotherapy, but she will be on meds for years to come and we probably won't be able to have any more kids. Thats pretty sobering when my wife just turned 29. On the brighter side, her cousin was diagnosed with testicular cancer when he was 22(about 5 years ago). He went through chemo and is doing fine. The main thing is to keep a positive attitude and take all of the support your family and friends will give you. I have always been a bull-headed kind of guy, but if it weren't for everyone helping out with my wife, I don't know how we would of made. Good luck and I'll pray for you.
SVOCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #6
bri32zz
Registered Member

Thank You so much guys, it really means a lot to me. I have been up for 36 hrs straight now. For some reason I just can not get to sleep. Oh well I will try to get some sleep soon. Thanks again!
My CAR IS GONE R.I.P----I miss YOU 331ci, 69 Windsor heads ported and shaved , Trick Flow-Intake ported,JE blower pistons, Custom cam 542 lift, 1.73 rrs, Equal length headers, BBK Hi-Flow cats, Hurst shifter, 3:73 gears, Tremec 3550 tranny,Lakewood drag suspension-90/10 in front and 50/50 in the back. Lakewood traction bars. Edelbrock 70mm tb, K&N filter, Kirban fuel reguator, Custom sub-Frame connectors,83 lb squirters, powerdyne blower with 12psi pulley,
Old 11-17-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
Janeofalltrades

Default Prayers are with you Brother!

My prayers are with you! Although I never ended out on your side of the fence, after the birth of my son, the doctors took 3.5 years trying to determine what I had. For this time frame it was either an auto immune response, hodgkins, or non-hodgkins lymphoma. It was a long, fearful, dark and lonely road.

The saddness and empathy I feel for you brother is unreal. You are on a long dark road, but know there is light and people who care. Sleep will return when the fear subsides. I took the non-sleeping time to put my things in order and, although prayed for the best, prepared for the worst.

Godbless you and your wife! Please keep us apprised of your prognosis.

Maybe if you looked into Lance Armstrong's story on your type of cancer you could pull some hope and strength.

Jennifer
aka Jane of all Trades
Old 11-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

I hope nothing but the best for you Brian. The doctor did say it's the most aggresive, but it's also one that many people survive through. I, like Chris, am not the religious type but I'll certainly be saying a few words for you. I hope the surgery gets rid of the pain. Just try to remember to always do your best to stay positive or it can mess up more than where you have cancer.

Best wishes for you,
Jonathon

Just wondering, sort of for my sake as well, what exactly causes testicular cancer?

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:09 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Man I feel for you, I can't relate but when I read that message it just turns my stomach. I am like many not religious but my heart and last thoughts will be of you, and wishing you the best threw all of this man. Stay strong for your wife, don't ever give up on life. Many people have over come this, and you can do the same. Take it one day at a time, and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. We're all here for you.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:28 PM   #10
johnny5ws6
Registered Member

Brian. after reading your post i had to join this board to let you know that i will be thinking of you and praying for you .This past year i found out that my 11 year old son had lukemea {AML} the most aggressive form.To make a long story short 6 months ago i did'nt care if i lived another day because i could'nt amagine living without him. Well after cemo,Radiation and a bone marrow transplant he is comming home this week as a healthy young man. So keep the faith and stay tuff and you will get through this.

Good luck
John

PS. My neighbor's son had testical cancer when he was in his early 20's and went through the same things as you.He is now in his late 30's and has 3 little boys of his own. and they said he would Never be able to have kids.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:29 PM   #11
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Unhappy

I'm sorry Brian. Now is the time for you to be the strongest and fight that ****. You8 are definitely in my prayers, I wish you well. Why can't someone find a freakin cure yet???!?!?
Old 11-17-2002, 02:51 PM   #12
srv1
Get down.....

sorry to hear about your condition. what is the next step? you should PM odie. that poor woman went through the worst. she can probably help you more than we could, i think.

hope you get better.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:48 PM   #13
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that you get over it.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:01 PM   #14
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Hang in there, you'll get through it.

We're here for support!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:43 PM   #15
bri32zz
Registered Member

Next step is a biopsy. Removal of the testie. Only way to test for sure. Will know when the surgery is tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the support guys I really need it.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:50 PM   #16
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

My prayers are already out there for you, Brian.

Just remember that the human will is probably the strongest force on this earth. Will yourself through it. Don't ever even think of giving up, and you may be surprised at what your body can do. A good older friend of mine died recently. His body was completely eaten with cancer which I believe began in his liver (bad news). They gave him three months. That was almost two years ago. The only reason he didn't pass earlier is that he was TOUGH. Tougher than anyone has a right to be.

Anyway, in his case, it was too late for his body to fight back, but you're young and with the doctor's help, we pray that you can beat this thing.

--nathan

Jonathan,

To address your question.... No one really knows what causes cancer. Many think there is some genetic link, a correlation which has been made within many forms of cancer. Perhaps it results from injury, or from environmental agents or chemicals, horemone supplements, etc. Many times, it may just be an error in mitosis where the genetic code gets scrambled to some degree (which, when you think of how many times cells within our bodies undergo mitosis each day, it's amazing we don't have many more errors in replication). Bottom line, it results from some sort of damage to the DNA of the cell.

Basically, all cancer is is renegade cells. Cells that are dysfunctional in that they have uncontrolled replication and function. The reason testicular cancer is a very aggressive cancer results from the fact that the normal cells in the testes reproduce very rapidly to begin with. When cancer forms, that just helps it grow fairly quickly. Also, a rich blood supply to the genetal areas can allow metastasis (the cancerous cells spread to another area of the body and take up residence). This is also the case in areas like the liver which has an unbelievable cell replication rate with a tremendous blood flow.

That fact is that every one of us has some sort of cancerous cells. However, for the vast majority, our immune systems are able to keep tabs on the renegade cells and the cancer cells never gain a foothold as they aren't all that robust. However, when the cancer becomes too aggressive and our own body cannot rid itself of these cells, that is where problems begin.

I'm no expert in cancer, but that is a very basic base for understanding what exactly cancer is.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:05 PM   #17
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

brian , oh man why didnt you call us man, oh man, im so sick of hearing this news about people, call odie & me, da----it, im so da--- sick of hearing all this, you still got my # if not pm, or e - mail us , i just dont know what to say brian. , god bless you & your family.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:08 PM   #18
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Prayers on the way!
Old 11-17-2002, 09:26 PM   #19
drudis

One of my friends had it. We all cried and carrie don like the end of the world...
Now 4 years later, he is cancer free. No false hopes here, but a word of encouragement!
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 10:56 PM   #20
gofastmercury
Registered Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your condition. I can't fix it or pretend to know how to make you feel better. I will pray for you and your wife and family.
There is a book called "Its not about the bike" by Lance Armstrong, the American cyclist who just won the tour of France, for the fourth time. He has had the same thing you have now. The book is about the time and troubles he went though. Its a very good book. He beat it when all his doctors said he couldn't.
So can you.
corrects to:13.86@100
66 merc comet351w, isky roller 600 lift 268/260@.050, vic jr. 700DP, 5000stall, 4.56's c-4, 3400lbs with driver
12.3@110 @ 4000ft 1.69 60 ft
corrects to:11.69@115
gofastmercury is offline   Reply With Quote