MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2000, 06:54 PM   #1
fiveoboy01

Post '99 WFC TQ???

Does anyone know the name of the TQ at last year's WFC in pure stock? Just wondering B/C I ran him in the 1st qualifying round(little did I know he would be TQ), I came for fun but was unprepared and nervous, missed a shift... (20.something at 55mph...) There's always this year.

------------------
88 GT, full exhaust, edelbrock intake, accel, pullies, k&n, drag springs, subfranes
13.12/102/1.80 at Byron Raceway
Old 01-10-2000, 07:23 PM   #2
jchambers

I wasn't at WFC last year but if I remember correctly Robert Hindman was the TQ. He has a black GT. His brother Gene was also up there near the top with his white Saleen GT. Another top guy was Johnnie Kinter if I remember correctly. It came down to Johnnie and Robert in the finals with Robert winning on something like an 11.93?

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 01-10-2000, 07:53 PM   #3
fiveoboy01

No it was not one of the hindman bros, I know who they are. This guy had a GT that was red with a yellow/orange curved stripe down the side. Johnny kinter sounds like it could be it: I DO remember the TQ in '99 got knocked out by Hindman when he went 11.93.

------------------
88 GT, full exhaust, edelbrock intake, accel, pullies, k&n, drag springs, subfranes
13.12/102/1.80 at Byron Raceway