MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-02-1999, 01:44 AM   #1
Bob Cosby
Registered Member

Post AOD's in T/S...

Are there any restrictions on AOD's in T/S? I didn't see anything, but want to make sure. Specifically, can your run a trans-brake? Also, do AOD's get a weight break?

Thanks for any info...
Bob Cosby
88 LX
99 T/A
www.erols.com/cosby/
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-1999, 04:39 AM   #2
jchambers

Its been a while since anybody had campaigned an AOD in Trophy Stock and been really competitive. There are no weight breaks in T/S regardless of year, EFI or AOD (there used to be). Consequently, it doesn't make an AOD very competitive. However, there are companies out there making AODs that will stand up to the punishment nowadays. There was some discussion this year of allowing transbrakes in the AOD for the 2000 season, but the rule change never materialized. As the rule reads now, there are no internal modifications allowed. I'd assume that goes for transbrakes as well as shift kits (hard to spot though). You could check with George Klass and lobby for a rule change. Others have talked about using a beefed-up AOD, but a transbrake would be a necessity to get the car out of the hole along with us stick-shifted cars.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 10-02-1999, 05:08 AM   #3
Bob Cosby
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I have an extremely tough AOD. I wasn't planning on using it...but I might if I could keep the trans-brake, and maybe get a 100-200 lb weight break.

As you said...there is no way a stock AOD could even sort of be competitive. Maybe some other allowances could be made for them? Aluminum heads to make up for the extra weight would be nice....

George...input would be appreciated when you get a chance.

Bob
Old 10-03-1999, 06:53 AM   #4
Bob Cosby
Registered Member

Nevermind.

Bob
Old 10-05-1999, 11:22 AM   #5
12secAOD
Registered Member

George told me over the phone at the start of the season that I could use a trans-brake in my AOD. But, the rules never said it was OK. I really think that if a guy REALLY wanted to run an AOD car and not just talk about it he would allow it. BUT, since I was not able to run T/S this year, I did not push it. For the simple reason of I think to many people bitch about rules but dont even race. Good luck, TAKE OFF THE TURBO? E-mail me privately if you want and let me know if you are building a new car or ditching the turbo for now. Us AOD guys have to stick together

------------------
Brent White, Moderator
The Mustang Works Online
90LX>> 12.87@104.6 @ 3300#'s
Naturally Aspirated AOD car

12secAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-1999, 02:55 PM   #6
jchambers

I hope the turbos come off (along with the aluminum ported heads & long-tube headers)! 'Course I think we'd be able to spot those!!!

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 10-08-1999, 06:21 PM   #7
MY12SECGT
Registered Member

IMHO Bob C. is the man when it comes to making a stock car go fast. I mean look at his original setup he was going mid 12's with no problems. It mave have been on a light coupe but give credit where credit is due. Look at what he did with stock ported parts and cam. I believe himself and his knowledge would be a welcome addition to the trophy stock class. But remember be careful what you ask for it might just come true. Just my opinion. I my self would run trohpy stock but I have no intentions of pulling my long tube headers.

Rex

------------------
1983 GT 306 w/GT-40 heads
Best 1/4
12.798@104.5 1.70 60ft

Best 1/8
8.090@83.6 1.685 60ft

[This message has been edited by MY12SECGT (edited 10-08-1999).]
MY12SECGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: