MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-1999, 10:19 AM   #1
George Klass
Registered Member

Default Atlanta Tech Results

Several people have asked me about tech at Atlanta. Here are the results.
True Street: 6 participants DQ'd for running faster than their "safety equip" allows. 1 participant DQ'd for adding gas during the cool down. 1 participant DQ'd for using open flame torch to heat the NOS bottle.
Trophy Stock: 1 participant DQ'd for having ported heads. 1 participant DQ'd for having a C-4.
Street Renegade: 2 participants DQ'd for having non-approved computers. 1 participant DQ'd for weighing 10 lbs. under minimum weight.
Street Outlaw: 1 participant DQ'd for having a narrowed rear end housing (by 6"). 1 participant DQ'd for running a Powerglide.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-1999, 08:44 PM   #2
jchambers

We've been fortunate the last two races to have full fields in T/S even without those DQ'd at Atlanta. The field appears to be growing in numbers and its nice to have the majority of the field on a level playing field. At Atlanta, we had probably 12 of the 16 car field all grouped between 12.60 and 13.20...now that's racing. I'd much rather loose to someone that appears to be legal than someone I know is not (Though I'd just rather win!). I've lobbied for a long time for the strict enforcement of the rules...looks like all my bellyaching has finally paid off!

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH