MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-26-2002, 05:37 PM   #1
96GTPRT
Registered Member

Exclamation Attention Street Racers

Attention Street Racers in the Naperville and Aurora IL areas. The pigs are pulling a new trick to get us. The local law enforcement employs 3 black Honda Civic Si's (shouldnt be hard to get away!) and a black 94-96 Impala SS to catch street racers. They cruise around in the hot spots and try to pick races. If you try and race them, they pull u over and give u a ticket. These cars have been identified, and this is not a joke. They just cant leave us alone.
96GTPRT: '96 Laser Red Tinted Mustang GT Convertible. (tan top). Flowmaster cat-back, Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, K&N FIPK, Hypertech 160* t-stat, MSD wires, Bosch plugs, Performance Distributors coil packs, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L 87mm mass air. Kenny Brown Super subs, 3.73's, BFGoodrich Comp T/A's
Civic...its whats for dinner. Don't ever pull a ricer fly-by!
96GTPRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:43 PM   #2
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Sounds like they finally figured out how to use their tiny brains... I have always said if they had any sense they would try something like that.. But, doesn't that constitue entrapment, and I thought that was illegal.. I would try to file suit against them and get them removed from the police force... You would figure they would go do something more important, like stop robberies, or help an old lady across the steet... but, OH NO.. they gotta bother racers.. Maybe if they actually helped keep a safe environment to race in, other than the track, we wouldn't race on the street much.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:49 PM   #3
96GTPRT
Registered Member

98SteedaGT-
See, we live in Naperville. (Rated safest and best place to raise a family in America a couple of years ago.) We have no crime, seriously we have almost no crime. They have nothing else to do. All I see them do is sit in their Z28's and Expeditions and watch for teens or try and bust street racers.
96GTPRT: '96 Laser Red Tinted Mustang GT Convertible. (tan top). Flowmaster cat-back, Bassani X-pipe w/ cats, K&N FIPK, Hypertech 160* t-stat, MSD wires, Bosch plugs, Performance Distributors coil packs, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L 87mm mass air. Kenny Brown Super subs, 3.73's, BFGoodrich Comp T/A's
Civic...its whats for dinner. Don't ever pull a ricer fly-by!
96GTPRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

It's too bad we can't give Cops tickets. I have seen a lot of them in this area that are totally *ssholes on the street. They tailgate on purpose to make you speed up and get nervous, and then when pass the limit they pull you over and ticket you (real mature). I have seen many in my city in a hurry to get to the store, so they turn their lights on, blow through the traffic and all the lights.. when I finally catch up to them, they are parked at a local 7-11 and are inside laughing with the owner... so I casually walk inside and they aren't even talking about anything important.. A friend of mine works at the FireStation and hears them talking all the time about their little street antics.... I saw one cop pull over an 11 yr old kid and yell at him because he didn't use hand signals when he turned at a stop sign... Makes you really enjoy them doesn't it? I think the world would be better off if they didn't have the power and rank like they do. Most of the ones I know in this area have a big head and abuse their authority.... Infact, they'll prob pester me about posting this if one happens to read it....

Old 04-26-2002, 05:54 PM   #5
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

forgot to say this... The kid wasn't driving... he was on his bike

Old 04-27-2002, 06:19 PM   #6
elliotness
Registered Member

Default From a fed

It is not entrapment if a police officer outsmarts you and gets you to do something that you were pre-disposed to do. I agree with you, there are other things that police officers could do that would make me happier, like arresting people for violent crimes.

However, have you ever noticed that not all street racers use good judgement and race in safe areas. I have seen idiots racing on busy streets dodging in and out of traffic like fools. I am not saying that all street racers are idiots but some of them are not responsible and cause serious accidents. We had a death here (El Paso) about a month ago when some idiots were racing. Furtunately, they killed each other and not some innocent family.

So I feel your pain. Just like breaking other laws, you know what you are doing. If you get caught pay the fine / do the time.

Not all police officers are booger-eating morons misusing their authority.

Elliot
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote