MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2002, 05:51 AM   #1
Rally
Registered Member

Post Attn. CA people!...

Do any of you guys (or gals) worry about CA air quality control regulations when doing mods? I stumbled onto this link, and was shocked at the apparent inability to modify automobiles in this state.

www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/aftermkt.htm

It appears, as one example, that there are no modification exemptions for x-pipes from Bassani! This includes ones with cats! Since this is a performance staple, and everyone seems to change the factory h-pipe anyway, is this law not enforced? I am definitely not complaining if it isn't. Personally, I feel that if my car passes emissions, they shouldn't care what changes I make to it.

Anyone have experience or an opinion about this?

K&N...Tri-ax...Steeda pullies...
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Well I have a Bassani X on mine, and I don't worry about it. My bro's got a Mac H on his, and he's also fine. I got pulled over one time (for having no front plate) and the cop asked if I changed the exhaust. I told him, and he didnt care. I wouldn't worry as long as you get one with cats.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:56 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Generally the tech doesn't look under the car unless he hears an exhaust leak when they do the sniffer test. Things that are obvious in your engine compartment that are not smog legal are what you have to worry about when they do the visual inspecton.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:35 AM   #4
Rally
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
Things that are obvious in your engine compartment that are not smog legal are what you have to worry about when they do the visual inspecton.
Such as?...

K&N...Tri-ax...Steeda pullies...
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote