MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2000, 09:06 AM   #1
jchambers

You can check out the NMRA site for the Factory Stock rules (www.nmraracing.com). I haven't read through the FS rules lately, but they are pretty strict on what can be done and in what combinations. You could also post to the NMRA message board to discuss your combination with some of the other FS racers. Joffre LaFontaine seems to be leading the FS pack with times in the 12.90's , I believe.

As far as the T5 goes, you can get a brand new WC T5 from D&D performance (in Michigan) for about $799 which is a good deal. I've bought one from them myself. Or you can find a used one and rebuild it yourself. Upgrade to the WC gear clusters and blocker rings, steel bearing retainer and definitely get a good shifter (Pro 5.0) on it so that you don't bend the slider and shift forks. Check both the slider and forks if you pick up a used tranny...they're often bent if used hard with a stock shift.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.028 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm
Old 08-01-2000, 11:42 AM   #2
Stamped

Post Attn:JChambers

Congrats. on such a low et. and to the other t/s racers. I have been following you and Larry Felts for some time. I am amazed how fast you're running with a 306 and factory ford production parts. I am a proud owner of an 86 Gt (aod) that I have had since Aug of 93. I would like to build a mild street/stripe car.
I would like to the car to the NSCA EFI class and the NMRA Factory Stock class. Where could I find website with the copy of the rules.
My plans for the car, is a 88 upper and lower intake and a 60mm t/b and egr. An early set of heads, post 66 289 heads with stock valves and stock cam. The heads and intake will be gasket match, depending on the rules. 3.73 gears, deleted air pump, pulleys, just your basic bolt-ons. The rest on my plans will be factory stock, modified stock, and or home-built. On the trans. I would like to convert to the t-5, but they are so expensive and you don't really know what you're getting for the money. So I was thinking about buying a blown t-5 for cheap and rebuild myself. A guy a know has two with bellhousing, and stock shifter for a $150.00. But I'm not sure if it's for both of them or not.
My goal is to reach 12.80s ease. Any help from you would be great. Thanks for your time.
Stamped.

------------------
Old 08-02-2000, 04:55 PM   #3
cometbfx
Registered Member

Whatttt!
How can a question that was asked on 08/01 be answered on 07/07 ??? What gives ???

Stamped, for NSCA rules goto:
www.nscaracing.com
Great outfit!...good luck, and hope to see ya at some NSCA shows.

------------------
HeadsUp4ever!
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2000, 09:31 PM   #4
FlowTech Induction
Registered Member

Cool

Hi Jeff...

Any news???

Ed

------------------
FlowTech Induction Systems

Home of DarkSide Racing Engines

Pure Street and Trophy Stock Headquarters
FlowTech Induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2000, 02:19 PM   #5
jchambers

Well Ed, we finished runner-up this weekend at Bristol. The ladder definitely worked in our favor this weekend. The car wasn't great, but its hard to tell in the Bristol elevation since everyone's .2-.3 seconds off the normal pace. The best we turned was a 12.26@110.4. Don't fret though. The car's still on the trailer with plans to head to the track on Wednesday night for some T&T action. Just wasn't enough time to really mess with the tune during qual & eliminations to see what it really needs. We got the car together in time to put it on the trailer before leaving for the event so we were kinda flying blind this weekend. I'll let you know how things look after I get some T&T time at a normal elevation.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.028 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm