Thread: Ballast
View Single Post
Old 08-17-1999, 08:40 PM   #8
Adam Dugger
Registered Member

Don.

Neither myself or anyone else is contesting the decision of track officials, or the decision of FFW tech inspectors to carry out the decisions made by both the sanctioning bodiues and the track officials. I believe (and correct me if I am wrong here) that the flaw is the Fun Ford Weekend Rulebook, which allows said ballast, does it not?
ANd the mere fact that the 'letter of the law' as it pertains to ballast in the NHRA rulebook not being applicable to unibody cars like thge Mustang (which FFW Racing is basically based on) is ridiculous.
I am not debating the safety issue, as loose ballast is indeed a safety hazard to the driver and spectator's alike. But perhaps more consideration should have been made in this regards.. the two should compliment each other.. not contradict each other. The last thing I want to see is someone getting injured or killed because or defiance or non-enforcement of ANY safety rules.
You said "The NHRA/IHRA rule book is what it will go by not the FFW book." So what is the purpose of the FFW rulebook? Is it a supplement? When the two oppose.. thats a problem.

As for the class staying the way it is.. I dont know.... I still think there are many changes in store for 2000 SR. Yes, there are those running 9s.. they are knowledgeable tuners and excellent racers. I am not taking any of that away from anybody. But the class will grow.. if it doesnt grow it will die.. and nobody wants that.

I look forward to seeing some excellent racing in the future.

Adam
Adam Dugger is offline   Reply With Quote