MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2000, 07:59 AM   #1
virtspeed
Registered Member

Post Billy's new ride

Well,here's Glidden's new toy:

http://forums.stangnet.com/bbb/Forum20/HTML/013863.html

Thanks to Babyface107 from StangNet for taking the pic.

Billy made 4 passes yesterday, and had to shut down early on 3 of them. He's apparently still sorting out clutch problems. On the one good pass, he went 7.75, lifting at the 1000' mark, and pulling the chute pretty early. This thing goes 8.0h's on motor alone, so it should be quick when he gets it dialed in.

------------------
Virtual Speed

Moderator, Tealnet
virtspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2000, 06:42 PM   #2
virtspeed
Registered Member

I just came back from the track. Billy made 2 more passes today:

1st run: 7.59 @ 179.99
2nd run: 7.60 @ 181.70

Not bad for only his 5th and 6th nitrous passes on this car. The season could get interesting...

------------------
Virtual Speed

Moderator, Tealnet
Old 07-24-2000, 06:26 AM   #3
jchambers

Nothing short of awesome. I'd love to see the car run in person!

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.028 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm
Old 07-24-2000, 05:31 PM   #4
SisuStang

I only hope that he changes his mind re NMRA & decides to continue racing in their series!
Old 07-24-2000, 08:58 PM   #5
virtspeed
Registered Member

I'm still not sure why everyone thinks he's not going back to the NMRA. He already explained why he skipped Maple Grove. He said that he thought it would take 7.40's to be competitive at that event, yet his chassis on the old car was only certified to run 7.50. If he broke that, he could have his competition license suspended. So he decided to wait until the new car was ready.

------------------
Virtual Speed

Moderator, Tealnet
Old 07-25-2000, 07:38 AM   #6
SisuStang

Actually, a little while ago, Chris Kaufmann posted on the NMRA messageboard on Billy's behalf that he wouldn't be racing in the NMRA series anymore. He said that the weight breaks given to the nitrous cars would make them unstable, due to uneven weight balance of the car front to back. The message has since gone from the board (I think that they clear them after a certain amount of time). Whether his position on this will change or not is yet to be seen. I don't understand why he can't get the weight balance the way he wants in his new ride, or why he doesn't just race at his current weight, 'cause I think that he'd still be competetive.
Old 07-27-2000, 09:43 AM   #7
Sweet T
Registered Member

OMG, that car is bad-*** . I didn't even know he was building a new one. I saw him in St. Louis and the old car ran 7.50's and 60's the whole weekend. Whatever it takes, he knows what to do. I'm sure this car will be dialed in just as well.
Sweet T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2000, 03:11 PM   #8
SisuStang

Now the NMRA has re-revised their rules, going back to the old weights & restricting the turbo's discharge pipe size. Maybe this will make billy rethink racing in the NMRA series!