MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Do you agree or disagree with concealed carry laws?
Poll Options
Do you agree or disagree with concealed carry laws?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
20LbsBoost

Default How many here carry guns?

How many here (besides me) LEGALLY carry a firearm concealed? If you do, what's your weapon of choice?

If you don't, do you agree or disagree with those who legally can and do?

Here's mine:
http://www.taurususa.com/pix/pt145newammo.jpg
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I say let's carry them! My dad is a cop and my GF wants to be one. I have grown up around them and I haven't shot anyone yet. As soon as my GF finishes the police academy, I fully intend on taking the course and getting one myself. I feel as long as your responsiable enough to take care of one, and use it right then you should be alowed to have one. It's like a toster, every household should have one. Heck, I live in Texas where guns out number people
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:08 AM   #3
429mustang
Registered Member

I don't carry or own one yet, but I'd like to get a Beretta 96inox Brigidier. Anyone giving one away??????????????????????
Old 02-04-2003, 10:09 AM   #4
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

Our recently departed MD Gov. Glendening enacted a bunch of knee-jerk gun laws during his 8 years in office. If he had his way, all guns would have been confiscated.

The newly elected Gov is a little more open minded about guns, so maybe things will improve for the citizens.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:30 AM   #5
Tony Frank
Registered Member

hey 20lbs...my brother just got a taurus. its the PT-100/101

http://www.taurususa.com/pt100.html

its pretty cool. id say whoever is qualified to carry one should be able to.

1985 Mustang GT 19,000 ORIGINAL miles, E-303 cam, edelbrock performer RPM intake, holley 600 cfm carb, MAC headers, windage tray, 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears, 4"cowl hood, 5lug conversion, 04 Mach1 wheels.

http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1501
Tony Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
StangFlyer
Founder

I have a good friend that has a concealed weapons permit. He has a couple different types of hand guns, including a .38 special and a .357 Magnum. He carries the .357 almost everywhere he goes, except where not permitted under his permit. Also, funny to is that he does not look like he'd have a gun either.

As they say, you shouldn't screw with people, because you never know who's carrying a weapon (legally or illegally). I'd pitty the poor SOB who ever presented a clear threat against him. That .357 Magnum does a lot of damage.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

I currently dont have a pistol or a liscense to carry one. I plan on getting both soon. There are too many people out there with bad intentions and I've got to protect myself and whats mine.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:14 PM   #8
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Frank
hey 20lbs...my brother just got a taurus. its the PT-100/101

http://www.taurususa.com/pt100.html

its pretty cool. id say whoever is qualified to carry one should be able to.
Whoa, that's no cocnealed carry weapon. Looks a lot like a Baretta.

I was hesitant about the Taurus line of products. I had owned 2 Glocks and am issued a Sig Sauer and both are excellent weapons, so the Taurus was a big ? So far, so good with it though....
Old 02-04-2003, 03:30 PM   #9
stangsrule
Registered Member

I'm partial to Glocks though there are a lot of excellent guns out there. I recenty fired a couple of Sigs and really like them also. Taurus makes very good quality weapons, I know quite a few people with various of there semi autos as well as some revolvers and they all love them. My brother has a Taurus 2" snub, ported 357 mag revlover that recoils less than my full size 4", full underlug GP100 no matter what load ammo we shoot. I was totally impressed! Anyway, in my opinion guns are like seatbelts, I have as of yet never needed my seatbelt but I wear it just incase. I hope I never do need it but better to have it on and not need it then not have it and wish I had. I hope I never have to use a weapon to defend myself or someone else but I would rather have it and not need it then the other way around. I'm not gonna preach but we all know are founding fathers found it important enough to include it in our constitution and as long as you are a law abiding citizen I think you should be able to own and carry one if you so choose.
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #10
MEDIK418
Registered Member

I took the CCW class way back when Texas first pased the law on them. I had every intention to get the permit but the class and my lil brain talked me out of it. I was afraid (knowing how I are) that I might let myself remain just a little bit longer in a threatening situation if I had the extra "confidence" with me where I would have vacated the area knowing all I had were my feets to defend myself. Not saying people would do this, just my redneck arse would wind up being the test case for this county. Anyway, I'm going to take the class again this spring and am looking for a 1911, probably a Kimber. Will I carry it all the time. . .no. But things are changing even around this part of the country and I don't think it's a case where you have to let yourself get into trouble anymore. I've never had any problems but more and more people I work with have been threatened by people who just like to terrorize decent folks and without provocation. Maybe it's my advanced years but I think it's time to join the pistol packin crowd.
Sad testament to life these days but i guess it's live or let out the dogs now.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:35 PM   #11
20LbsBoost

I'm with you being a Glock fan. If they made a Glock that was comparable in size and capacity to the PT-145 I bought I'd have another Glock for sure. Guys I work with complain about the Glock for several reasons; those being trigger pull and how "unsafe" it is. Now this is puzzling to me since if you keep you finger off the trigger OF ANY GUN (which is the golden rule of fireamrs) it won't go off. I also feel the Glock is a natural choice of police departments who transition from a revolver to a semi-auto since they operate the same. Both firearms you simply shoot what you need then holster the weapon, no muss-no fuss. Most other semi-autos require them to be de-cocked prior to holstering which is just one more step to remember.

The Glock may be a little crude but it's extrememly well built, proven unparalleled reliability, smoothe sides for a comfortable concealed carry and is competitevely priced. Definitely the weapon of choice.

If you're looking for the Cadillac of fairly priced handguns the Sig Sauer is it.

As far as home defence goes, the sawed off shotgun with 00 buckshot is the way to go and here's why; short range with devistating results, easy to use, no maintenance and inexpensive.

Just my thoughts....
Old 02-04-2003, 04:43 PM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

handguns!!!!! it is more fun to walk around with an assult rifle like i get to do.

My wife and I do own several hand guns and she carrys the .357 with her at all times. I think it is a good idea to carry a weapon as long as you have the proper training and liscense.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #13
20LbsBoost

Default Pump Shotgun

I'm sure everyone would agree, there isn't a more intimidating sound than that of a pump shotgun racking a round into the chamber.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:28 PM   #14
SlowMopar
Registered Member

Well although I don't have a permit to carry a firearm when I go on trips I do keep my Ruger P-89 9MM in the car. I do a lot of sleeping at rest stops and I'd rather not be caught by suprise. Great lil gun. I love it.

2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Mostly stock
(Suzuki SV650 coming soon)
1967 Dodge Polara 500 - Heavy mods
1984 VW Transporter - Stock
SlowMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:29 PM   #15
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, I am completely for licensing qualified citizens to carry concealed handguns. Many states have passed the "shall issue" laws (read: MUST issue to qualified indviduals), and others are considering.

I've been heavely involved with firearms since I was knee high to a short toad, and my kids will receive the same introduction, familiarization, and education of handguns that I did. I think licensing the law abiding citizen to carry a concealed handgun is wonderful as long as the license holder is competent. Israel has for years encouraged its citizens to carry concealed weapons, and there are numerous occasions where armed citizens have stopped would-be criminals and terrorists before they were able to commit their crime.

If you don't know who's packin', you'll think twice before attackin'.

As for my guns of choice, the only handgun I currently own (besides an 1860 Army Colt) is a ParaOrdinance P12/45. Great self-defense gun with a 12+1 .45 ACP capacity. However, it runs a bit heavy for comfortable 8 hour + concealed carry with a full clip. Also, the handle is a bit thicker than single stack 1911 designs.

In a couple of months, when the gun shows stop back around, I plan on getting one of the S&W made Walther PPK/S+1 in .380 ACP for a primary carry gun. The smaller load may require a brain-box hit for a full stop on rare occasions, but hopefully, I'll never have to find out (besides, a hydrashock or gold dot round should carry a similar punch to a plane-jane 9mm hp). The small lines of the gun make for a very easily concealed gun that will wear well all day.

If I had muchos dolleros, I would go for a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP. Also, if I had it to do over again, I would opt for the slightly more expensive Para Companion in LDA with a single stack. It's easier to carry, and besides, if you need more than 8 rounds of .45 ACP to bring down your aggressor, 5 more rounds aren't likely to help much. Unfortunately, the Companion with LDA wasn't out when I bought the P12.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:47 PM   #16
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I guess I don't count cuz Im a Officer.

I can carry any weapon I choose, so I choose a Springfield model 1911 .45 The type of pistol the military used to carry.

I also have a Tennessee carry permit.

I teach firearm safety and self defense classes.

However my favorite of the bunch is my FN/FAL .308 Rifle.

I do think a person should be able to carry a weapon. And note I have yet to arrest a person that has a legal carry permit, commiting any crime.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #17
jj_jonathon
Trisket

I don't think people should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. I didn't say that people shouldnt have the right to keep one in their home, etc. But to carry it on yourself can cause so many complications. Half the people in the US lose their carkeys in their pocket, and many people also lose their temper so fast, but could still be qualified to carry one. Guns scare me, but I realize theyre necessary to keep around, because the only people who would stop using them under the law (if changed) would be the ones who wouldnt use them against another person. People are just f*ed up. Thats all. This is one of those things that shows it. Like war. It's all retarded. People should be able to gbet along civilly, but no - we all have our giant conquest for power, so we kill. OK. I'm wayyyyy off topic. lol. I'm done. I say people qualified to carry should be able to carry concealed weapons, but I consider that different that having one to defend your house/family.

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:14 PM   #18
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by jj_jonathon
I don't think people should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. I didn't say that people shouldnt have the right to keep one in their home, etc. But to carry it on yourself can cause so many complications. Half the people in the US lose their carkeys in their pocket, and many people also lose their temper so fast, but could still be qualified to carry one. Guns scare me, but I realize theyre necessary to keep around, because the only people who would stop using them under the law (if changed) would be the ones who wouldnt use them against another person. People are just f*ed up. Thats all. This is one of those things that shows it. Like war. It's all retarded. People should be able to gbet along civilly, but no - we all have our giant conquest for power, so we kill. OK. I'm wayyyyy off topic. lol. I'm done. I say people qualified to carry should be able to carry concealed weapons, but I consider that different that having one to defend your house/family.
I respect your opinion but wish to point out flaws in your logic:

- I too am a law-enforcement official. I have YET to arrest an person who's legally authorized to carry a concealed weapon.
- 95% of the people in this country are good, trustworthy tax payers who abide by the law.
- It's their current constitutional right.
- Check the statistics, those licensed to carry concealed weapon are NOT society's problem.
- Statistics indicate states with concealed carry laws see a decrease in violent crime and NO increase in gun related crime from lawful concealed pistol owners.
- As a law-enforcement officer I DO NOT fear the licensed pistol holder. I fear the unlicensed pistol holder. Who's in the better position to understand this?
- There is no marked increase of firearm violence from those who are licensed to carry a pistol.
- This paranoia about allowing qualified citizens to carry concealed firearms simply that....unjustified paranoia. Take it from those who know.

Your contention that it can cause complications is just that, a contention. However, it just isn't the case.

I'm no psychologist but the fact you're scared of guns may be part of your objection to allowing responsible tax paying citizens to excercise their right. If I were scared of motor vehicles, I'd be hesitant to allow licensing of vehicles and people to drive them on the streets which may kill someone.

Just my $.02
Old 02-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #19
bigbandjohn
Registered Member

depends on what "qualified" means.
bigbandjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #20
srv1
Get down.....

I agree with boost. Only qualified people should be able to carry a concealed weapon. It is very hard in NY to get a permit for a CONCEALED firearm. But my firearm of choice is a Kimber .45. i know a little about handguns, and fired some really nice ones. i dont own a handgun yet, but i will. i have no need for a concealed license anyway. i am naturally crazy anyways!