MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-1999, 06:27 PM   #1
Chris Wesley
Registered Member

Post the channel was locked by, wonder who????

Adam, you are very correct. There needs to be SOMETHING. If racers are told at a race that a 4" exhaust is OK, and had never heard of it. That is bull, and George you know it! Your rule states 3" diameter max! Read the rules George. You really are pushing me to post your E-mail to me here, aren't you? Tell the racer's about the 3 rule changes George. Am I pissed? Yes, this is bull! Am I gonna be screwed @FFW in Dallas, yes. But someone has to speak out. Sorry it had to be me, but it is.

These "fly-by-night" rule changes have to stop.

(Swear words have been removed by the Administrator)

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 09-26-1999).]
Old 09-25-1999, 06:50 PM   #2
d1269
Registered Member

Another one of George's fan club members.
Old 09-25-1999, 08:16 PM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

Chris, you are mistaken again. I do not have the power to close these threads. As far as I know, only Dan or Jeff does. Twasn't me. Now let me ask you something about the 4" exhaust. Were you running in that class? Did Kurgan's car beat you? Have you run in S/R and get beat by a car with a 4" exhaust? If you were concerned about it AND IF YOU EVER COMPETE, why don't you protest it? Yes, Kurgan's car had a single 4" pipe. And yes, you won't see it again. Stop whinning about it. You were not involved. Maybe it's time for you and your brother to start racing your car and stop racing you mouth. If the competitors in that class had a problem, they new what they could do about it (offifial protest). Furthermore, there was no winner in the class, no points were awarded, and no record was set. Get over it or go find something else to complain about I'm having a nice weekend.
Old 09-25-1999, 08:25 PM   #4
George Klass
Registered Member

Do you think that I closed the thread? Wrong again. Only Dan or Jeff can do it. Maybe it's time for you to race your car instead of racing your mouth. I am no longer interested in discussing anything rational with you.
Old 09-25-1999, 10:58 PM   #5
StangFlyer
Founder

Exclamation

OK. Let's get this clear guys. There are only three people on this site who have the access to close, delete, and generally control posts in this forum. First, that would be the moderator of this particular forum, and no, other moderators of other forums can't control posts in forums they do no moderate. Second, Mr. 5.0 can administer ANY forum on the message board because he is not just a moderator, but the message board administrator. Finally, myself, because obviously I am an administrator since I own the darn site. However, I have come to rely on Mr. 5.0 (Jim) as the main MWorks official to oversee the message board in general. And, he's damn good at it. I did not close any threads here, in fact I have been so busy with work that I have just come to read these two threads myself.

I can only assume that Jeff closed the prior thread, and I would say that he was somewhat justified in doing so. Not for the purpose of protecting George, nor Fun Ford, but because things seem to be getting out of hand. Quite frankly, the staff of this site is not here to protect anyone (except maybe from themselves ), nor support Fun Ford officials. George can take care of, and defend, himself. And, if he can't, or is not justified in official Fun Ford decisions he's going to get burned for it by the racers.

I am a street/strip racer, pure and simple. I am actually on your side, believe me. Those who know me personally, know this. S/R was made by a racer (me) for racers (you). It was also based on input from racers (you) on this very site. That's why it was an immediate success. Unfortunately, except for some consultation through the first season, that seems to be the extent of my involvement with it. My views on this class are pretty much now the reverse of Fun Ford, and they no longer listen to me on what I think should be done with it. So, what I'm saying is, don't think that I neccessarily agree with anything that goes on with S/R now and that I am protecting Fun Ford on it.

However, I'm not going to attack them and get unruly either. Whether I agree with it or not. Neither should you. Of course, let your voice be heard, but just keep things calm and rational and we're all golden. Under these circumstances, you'll get all the voice you want here at The Mustang Works. OK-guys...

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!
Old 09-26-1999, 02:01 AM   #6
Mike Wesley
Registered Member

Exclamation

Whoa!
George...
What's this???
"Maybe it's time for you and your brother to start racing your car and stop racing you mouth."

First off, I have nothing to do with Chris' car. I have my own car(s) to worry about.

I may be annoyed at how rules are done, but since my car isn't running yet..I haven't been bitching to you about it. I asked a few questions about 2000 rules..that's all.

As for the protest at Cordova over the 4" exhaust...well..one of the cars I loaned parts to tried to protest. You flat out told him he'd lose the protest. He was running in S/R at Cordova. It may have been a group of them...I know they were talkign about it.
*I* even asked you about it since it was something I would like to run.
Bob is a smart guy..he ran that exhaust for a reason..and a good one at that.

We I can afford to finish my car, and I have the time to work on it, it will be 100% within the rules. Feel free to tear it apart.

I'm not coming out unprepared like last year.
Old 09-26-1999, 03:25 AM   #7
Chris Wesley
Registered Member

George a non formal protest was made at Cordova, and as Mike said you he would lose.
So he did not! Read you rules and you will see I am correct. As far as having run, why do need to run as a registered S/R, I don't have any right to bitch about your rule changes? Myself and every other FFW racer has any and every right to bitch. We run under your rules, if you change them and don't tell anyone that's bullshit.

I must say now you're just getting ugly bringing Mike into this. I posted and I told you why I posted. Your F_cking lack of rule violation enforcement. You Just made a rule change on the spot. READ THE F_CKING RULES GEORGE. This is just one example, I don't have anything against the person who did it. Just FFW for letting it run.

George I said I had nothing against you, but I must say, I'm starting to. I made an honset post about how the people feel about S/R. It was and is true. You don't like it, so you had to post here bitching back. Now you bring my brother into it? WTF? He had nothing to do with my post or FFW lack of sense. you wanna get ugly, I will be there for ya. I can be DQ'd because your an asshole, I don't care. But people know what is going on, and they will care.

All I am looking for is some steadyness in the rules. And enforcement, Cordova you f-cked a guy, buy letting 4" exhaust run.
Fix it. Wanna here the rules again? Or want me to post your E-Mail here? 3 changes my ass! Get your shit straight or lose in this forum. Net can really kill George.

I'll see you in Dallas, hope you can be a man and be be above this by then.

Old 09-26-1999, 10:04 AM   #8
jchambers

OK. Once again I'm going to close the thread. It has gone beyond being anything useful to anyone. This forum IS NOT the place for you guys (George included) to get beligerant. I had been letting the rules discussions go relatively unmoderated since they dealt with next season's rules and how people felt about them. HOWEVER, if you have a beef about the FFW tech inspectors, the manner in with FFW is operated or any other personal beef, then you need to take it off-line; preferably directly to those involved. Pick up the telephone and hash this out in person. This is not the place to air your dirty laundry.

That said, lets move on to things more constructive. If there are rule changes that people would like to see made, this is the place to let it be known and hopefully garner some support from your fellow racers.

If you don't agree with my actions, you can email me directly at jchambers@kellnet.com but any further 'net-bashing' will be dealt with in the same manner.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Closed Thread