MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-20-2001, 10:55 AM   #21
Project AOD
Registered Member

Thumbs up

hmmm,George klass,think I met you one time....writes good articles!

------------------
Project AOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 05:27 PM   #22
pro88
Registered Member

George, the Kastors' sound really familiar. If I remember right I've seen him run at Woodburn during one of the test/tunes.

Ron1, Were you at White City last year? If not there's somebody out there in the area with a car really matching your car's description. I think this car ran a low 11. You ought to bring your Mustang over to the coast at Coos Bay sometimes. We have 2-day races once a month and it's really a blast. There's alot of Ford fans that would really appreciate a car like your.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 07:11 PM   #23
Ron1
Registered Member

Thanks for the invite pro88...how much of a drive do you think it would be from Vancouver? Come in on a Friday and then stay over for a couple of nights? I am working hard to try to get 302's big brother ready and still make a few races with the new car this season so time is really in short supply right now but for the right event it would be a blast.

Let me know.

Ron
Ron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 07:52 PM   #24
cometbfx
Registered Member

Ron,
good to hear from you again. Wondered what happened to the emails. (?)
Bill

------------------
HeadsUp4ever!

Hell, I'll drink to that!
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 10:53 PM   #25
pro88
Registered Member

Ron1,

From where you're at, it's about a 4 hour ride. There's a guy out of Hillsborough that comes down for the 2-day races. Just come down I-5 to the Drain/Elkton exit about 4 miles past Cottage Grove and go West. Once you hit Hwy.101(the coast hwy), just go south until you get to Coos Bay. Go through town until you get to the Hwy 42 exit. You be on hwy 42 for about 4-5 miles and the strip is on your right. I'll get you South Coast Drag Racing Assn.'s web site. It has a pretty good map of how to get there. Most of the guys that show up from Sweet Home, Portland, Eugene, and us from Roseburg, we'll get there Friday night and pit in the middle of the little circle track next to the dragstrip and start having a wild weekend. We like staying at the track rather than hotels in town because of the idea exchanges, and the comeradery. By the time we leave on Sunday, we're looking forward to the next 2-day event.
Old 01-21-2001, 03:02 PM   #26
Ron1
Registered Member

Would appreciate the url for the website. I will run a copy of the directions...

Thanks

Ron
Old 01-21-2001, 05:22 PM   #27
pro88
Registered Member

Ron1

Here's the website for South Coast Drag Racing Assn.(Coos Bay). www.geocities.com/Motor City/5505/scdra.html

Check it out. It hasn't been updated too much. It still has last year's results. You'll find me in Sportsman finishing 2nd on the points standings page. Tell other guys in your area about the track especially those Mustang'ers. We need more pony cars out there. We need to gang up on those Mopar and Chevy freaks!!
Old 01-23-2001, 05:25 AM   #28
cometbfx
Registered Member

Wink

Mick,
those rides you guys have all sound great. Why don't you tell us more about them? Thanks,
Bill
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 01:02 AM   #29
Ron1
Registered Member

pro88...went to the site. was also talking with a coule of racing buddies who said they have raced there. they said based on their memories it was 1/8, not 1/4 mile?

thanks

ron
Old 01-26-2001, 10:06 PM   #30
pro88
Registered Member

Ron1,

Coos Bay is an 1/8th mile dragstrip. Everyone that I've talked to who have raced other tracks here in Oregon say their best times where at Coos Bay. It's only 8ft. above sea level. It has a killer launch pad, and the computer has been updated. Compulink now. Hope to see ya and your buddies out there. Hey by the way, the Assn. is going to put on a high dollar bracket race. I think it's going to be on June 2. Only 2 classes...Electronics and non-Electronics. I think it's a $1500.00 to win. Coos Bay is a very FAST track.