MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-1999, 12:14 AM   #1
Gt
Registered Member

Post Chris Wesley's opinion on FFW rules

http://nmraracing.com/wwwboard/messages/9323.html

Some good points are made in it.

Tony
Old 09-22-1999, 09:53 PM   #2
Saleen7
Registered Member

I saw them but I do not know where he is coming from ...yes rule changes have surprised some in the past ....but what is the gripe now ....the rules posted are for 2000 so that means you have almost 6 months till Bradenton ....I think that is Damn good .....I also do not think it was very classy to slam George or FFW on another sanctions board ..if you have a problem discuss it here or both places. esp if you want FFW to see it
Old 09-24-1999, 08:47 PM   #3
Mike Wesley
Registered Member

Well...I see his point also.
He;s been building a car all year based on the rules published in the rulebook.
So that limits him on what he can do and drives purchasing choices he made.
What happenes is you know there is a better way to do soemthing, but it's not allowed in the rules. So you do it another way. Then come to find out, it is legal after you've already spent time/money building the thing.
He says he never recived any Tire Tracks.
The official Fun Ford Weekend site has nothign about rule changes...there is more about rule changes on this site. He didn't know about this forum.

I've gotten bitten by the exact same thing.
There are a few rule changes that come to mind that I wasn't aware of until I saw them on cars at the track that I would use in a heartbeat. Nothing in Tire Tracks, nothing on web sites. I asked George about them at the track "Yep..that's legal now". It's frustrating to me not knowing beforehand, but must be much worse to people who's cars are currently running (mine is still being assembled).
Putting up the proposed 2000 rule changes this early is a step in the right direction.
I wanna know what I can/cannot get away with BEFORE I am at a race. I'm not doing this for fun (allthough it will be fun).
Old 09-24-1999, 09:02 PM   #4
George Klass
Registered Member

Actually Mike, he makes no sense to me. First, he says that he hasn't made any of the 1999 races. Then he says that he only finds out about things at the races. Which is it? The 5.0 Tire Tracks comes out about once a month. If he really is a member, why didn't he call AAP and find out what's up? Maybe his address has changed or something. If he doesn't call, how would anyone know that he isn't getting his newsletters? And finally, I take offense at his insinuation about a "rule change per month". Other than allowing multi-stage nitrous set-ups prior to Bristol, there have been no rule changes that I have been aware of. What if it takes this guy 3 years to build his car? Should we just freeze the rules for him?
Old 09-24-1999, 09:31 PM   #5
Chris Wesley
Registered Member

George, what the hell are you talking about?
3 rule changes? What about the T-trim? What about Kurgan being allowed to run 4" exhaust at Cordova?
I posted because I am sick of hearing all the bitching. Your rules clearly state 3" tubing maximum! Get your shit together be for you start e-mailing me.

I have nothing agaisn't you George, just all that is happening with FFW. Rules suck, Tech is for shit. You guy's don't even know how to find what you are looking for.
Old 09-24-1999, 09:52 PM   #6
SR89racer
Registered Member

so Chris your basicly saying that there is cheating going on in S/R and they know about it.HMMMMMMMM!!
Old 09-24-1999, 10:05 PM   #7
Adam Dugger
Registered Member

I dont know if he is saying cheating.. thats not what comes across to me..
I think he is saying mismanagement. The rules are not clearly spelled out. And that "Tire Tracks" handout as a supplement to the FFW rulebook might not be adequate for such a racing organization. I do recieve mine most of the time... but perhaps there is a better media through which to notify members? A forum like this, an email list perhaps? I dont know the solution.. but I dont see it as cheating just because some know the 'new' rules better than others. But I do think it might be poor management and unfair to other participants if other racers dont know.. or know too late to make the necessary changes according to said new rules.

Just my 2 cents.
Adam SR43
Closed Thread