View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 12:17 AM   #2
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Angry

I had mixed emotions about FFW's decision. Allowing big, big blocks into a small block only class? Have these guys lost their minds?! From one point, I can see it as being beneficial. There are usually only 6-8 Pro cars at an event anymore. This would really attract some of the IHRA guys over here. It would also increase car counts some. But with the fact that their now allowing big block cars in this class, that just plain pisses me off. This is an all small block class. You run a supercharger, nitrous or turbo. That's it. It reminds me alot of when Les Baer had the first tube car for the class. That shocked alot of guys. The class did grow to accept it; it just took time. Then they said that tubular front ends were legal. Well, now the class has accepted that some too. My point is this: In the past 3-4 years, the class has evolved too fast. Too much in my opinion. There are to few competitiors who can even afford to run in the class anymore. This class was better when the cars were back-halved, all steel, street cars. It was more affordable. There were more competitors back then. Car counts were better. But now it's too late to stop the changing I guess. Hopefully the class will survive.

On another point. It's funny to me that the FFW and NMRA have different rules concerning Pro 5.0. This will play a huge factor in the survival of the class.
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote