MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2002, 02:41 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Thumbs down FFW to allow Mountain Motors in Pro 5.0??? Why?

FFW has really screwed up this time. Why in god's name would you put mountain motors in cars that are meant for having small blocks?? FFW is now allowing as of 6/29/02 mountain motors in Pro 5.0. Some racers are very angry which they have every right to be. Some of these guys put all their money into a windsor style motor to just change everything overnight?? What gets me is that George Klass of the FFW thinks that the turbo small blocks will have the advantage over the big 700+ci cars?? Uhh no. His new rules are this: Cars stay the same as far as body appearance...chassis everything. The only difference is the motor. He's allowing motors up to 815ci's!! And putting them at a raceweight of 2300lbs!!! A 2300lb car with a 815ci motor will easily go mid 6's at over 220mph. I understand that some of the Pro 5.0 turbo cars have done close to that. But why deface the name of Pro 5.0?? What are they gonna call it now?? Pro 815?? Sorry for the rant but this has really gotten me in a foul mood.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote