MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default Quarter window motors...

My motors are shot, they motors operate, but the windows do not move.
Also, I can move the windows with my hand. Is it a bad gear or do the window motors require total replacement?

Thanks...
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:28 AM   #2
ChunkFunky
Registered Member

I'm guessing it's the regulators in there.. if the motors spin and you can push the windows up and down then it's most likely the regulators. Well not so much the regulators but the stuff that gets the motor to MOVE the regulators... little gears and bushing and crap... I know my quarters have trouble going up and down with the top UP... it's a tight fit, that puts strain on the motors and the regulator stuff... I dont know for sure, but if they are plastic like most are , they can break ... and hence.. no window motion.... it might just be some stupid plastic bushing. On my 72 Olds there was a bushing that basicaly exploded I replaced it and I was good to go... cost like 2 bucks. You're best bet is to take the panel off and see what's going down
-as
Old 04-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #3
aar0s
Registered Member

i did a how to on my website a few years ago on how to fix them. its the plastic bushing that wears out not the gear. you have to buy the window motor fix kit, i got mine at autozone and use just the plastic bushings out of it. make sure that you get all of the old bushing out.
www.cybersteed.freeservers.com and the articals under the "technical" link at the top (under the damn banner)
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Hozer 88GTConv
Registered Member

Default Kick *****

Thanks for the repair tip.

Took me only a couple of hours to do both electric motor overhauls(with the kit you recommended) and a hydraulic lift cylinder replacement.

electric motor = $140
repair kit = $20
$ 120 saved....

Thanks again.
Hozer 88GTConv is offline   Reply With Quote