View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
GTJules99
Registered Member

Talking Auto-X over the weekend

Patrick and I set out to dominate the auto-x this weekend somewhere south of Daytona Beach. I was asleep and didn't really care where I was racing.

The first race on the car was by me. I was the first one in my novice group who actually drove the course correctly. The car was pushing really bad so the tighter corners were tough for me. I ran pretty good and I only hit one cone. We put more air in the front tires and I think some in the back. With the wide back tires and the narrower fronts the car isn't really set up for proper auto-xing.

Patrick drove his first race and did great! He got hosed though. They put him in a class with all race tires and suspension work, when we just had "mufflers" done to the car. So, he was a couple seconds off the lead time because lack of grip and the wonderful pushing.

Our second race was a little better. More tire pressure was added to the fronts and I didn't hit a cone. However, Patrick was going around one corner a little too quick and plowed a cone. O well.

The third race was quicker for me and I think the same for Patrick. I decided to try to go faster through the cones and I hit one. Patrick didn't hit any.

We had a great day at the races and new ideas are in mind for the car. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm exhausted.

Jules