Thread: FFW RESULTS
View Single Post
Old 04-29-1999, 06:49 PM   #31
George Klass
Registered Member

I'm sorry, you guys missed the point entirely. My statement was directed to the fellow who was going to fix his roll cage "if it wasn't OK". My point is this. Racers need to absolutely know if their safety equipment is correct for the ET that they intend to run. They need to know if their safety belts have expired dates. FFW tech shouldn't have to deal with improper or missing safety equipment. It seems to me that FFW shows more concern for the racer's safety than the racer has for himself. There is no reason for this problem. Safety is no joke. Racer's running in the 9's MUST have the proper equipment. One of the guys above was talking about the "life blood, etc." It's the racer's actual blood that we are worried about. The NHRA and IHRA rulebooks are available at most any tracks. Serious racers have these books almost memorized. That's a sign that they take their life seriously. This safety issue has nothing to do with little guy vs. big guy. It is totally about having a legal (safe) car.

I have never understood how any racer has enough time to play on this (or any other board) and yet, doesn't have enough time to read the sanctioning body Rule Books. This is no joke. Please, please, make your cars legal befor coming to the event. If you have questions, call me or use this board. But don't expect to run at any FFW event if your car does not meet the safety specs.