MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-1999, 09:58 PM   #1
WILK7
Registered Member

Default FFW RESULTS

anyone who attends the FFW events call me
e-mail me whatever i'll post the results this
is a joke not being able to find out results
Old 04-19-1999, 12:00 AM   #2
StangFlyer
Founder

Hey bud, I'll tell you what, you'll sure find the results here on the mustangworks.com and funford.com site a lot sooner than you will the mags. You don't see the results or event coverage in them for 2 to 3 months! At least we post it in 2 or 3 weeks, at the latest.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!

Old 04-19-1999, 02:13 PM   #3
frankjp
Registered Member

Hi, I was able to locate the results, these are only the finals, but here they are:

PRO 5.0
Baer 8.31@177.18
Markwich 11.24@76.93

OUTLAW 5.0
Murillo 8.99@154.65
Cox 9.34@149.51

RENEGADE 5.0
Havemann 10.13@133.94
Kurgan 10.29@133.14

STREET STOCK 5.0
Ferguson 10.85@123.63
Jenkins 10.98@121.30

TROPHY STOCK 5.0
Holten 12.69@106.64
Chambers 13.05@105.14

Ford Mustang/Steeda/Sean Hyland Motorsports Mod Motor
Shepard 12.83@102.74
Hindman 13.01@97.62

TOP TRUCK
Drennan 16.30@82.27
Adkins 15.09@90.73

FAST FORD
McKay 11.69@114.22
Burnside 10.19@129.32

QUICK FORD
Rutledge 13.37@98.69
Everett 12.08@111.39

STREET FORD
Smith 13.51@102.04
Lee 15.06@89.11

I also know that Kurgan set a record for S/R 10.01 at 135.44mph

Trophy Stock times seemed to be really off, .3 seconds and 3 MPH from Bradenton. Maybe the extra weight of my 94 won't hurt me as much as I thought? Naah, I doubt it

Frank
Old 04-19-1999, 07:11 PM   #4
jtp
Registered Member

Hey,if you think not being able to get results from Atlanta is a joke, you should have been there! It was a REAL joke! Just when spectators start showing up in decent numbers, the offciating and competition goes to hell. If you didn't have a slick paint job and some sort of sponser at Atlanta you were snubbed by the officials and the magazines. I saw one guy in True Street carry the front wheels to the 1000 ft. mark and run 9.56. His car looked rough but he was 3rd fastest after round one. His next 2 runs he wasn't even given a time! I can tell you that from where I was sitting in the stands the crowd was not happy about it! After the event was over, pictures of the cars were for sale by the magazine photographers. Again, numerous pictures of the other cars, but only one of this car! It appears to me that we've forgot where we came from and magazines have forgot who buys their sponsors products. Pro 5.0 was the same story. No one wanted to be in this class and have to run Les Baer. Although he has a beautiful car, it appeared to be illegal. What ever happened to "unaltered firewall and stock strut panels"? I guess, when the guy writing the rules and teching the cars has 3 of his decals on your car, anything goes! To number 19 in True Street - Hang in there buddy, hope to see you in NMCA. There are other places to race!
Old 04-19-1999, 07:31 PM   #5
jmb331
Registered Member

the cars that did not get times on there second and third times were thrown out of comptition because they ran faster than they had the saftey equipment ...the car that ran in the 9's did not have a cage or a certified cage.
Old 04-19-1999, 07:40 PM   #6
jtp
Registered Member

If there was an NHRA rules violation(since Atlanta is an NHRA track) then he should not have been allowed to make the passes. Either way the officiating was wrong.

[This message has been edited by jtp (edited 04-19-99).]
Old 04-19-1999, 07:45 PM   #7
jmb331
Registered Member

i agree that the cars should not have been allowed to make the rest of there runs. That is the way that FFW works.....it sucks. I have been running in FFW events on and off for about 8 years and its always the same thing....the rules change from event to event....
Old 04-19-1999, 10:45 PM   #8
namadness
Registered Member

The guy probably told the tech person that he would run 10's and figured he might not get caught. The tech guys do not know how fast a guy will run and if he lied he should be kicked out. This is a safety issue and I think it was good, if that was the reason that he didn't get to finish.
Go to nmraracing.com to get the results. The results are ussually posted by people calling their friends or people who attended. These people have either not heard of the mustang works msg board, maybe they do not want to get a user account or some other reason. Like Dan said at least we get it before the mags.
Old 04-20-1999, 06:00 AM   #9
jtp
Registered Member

This guy was allowed to finish and that is exactly my point. I understand the rules and even run in FFW from time to time.But the average spectator in the stands had no idea what was going on. All they saw was an unorganized one sided event. That is not the way you draw spectators or keep competitors coming back. Thanks for the responses, I'll shut up now.
Old 04-20-1999, 11:20 AM   #10
jchambers

Actually, the times for that driver (and another) were not shown because of computer malfunction in the tower. As it turned out, it didn't affect either driver because of their safety issues. We also didn't get 60' times for the entire weekend. The track was working on things, but they were having troubles; the FFW officials didn't have much to do with it. Bill Alexander told me that they (the track) worked on the system until well after midnight on Saturday but wasn't able to get it totally figured out.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.70 Seconds/108.0 MPH

Old 04-20-1999, 03:34 PM   #11
jmb331
Registered Member

we were at atlanta on friday and all of the timing equipment was working......Bill will say what ever needs to be said to make you happy.....
Old 04-20-1999, 09:11 PM   #12
jchambers

Not to argue, but the equipment wasn't working correctly on Saturday and Sunday. That's why we never got ANY 60 foot times either day. Imagine trying to judge your suspension without those sixty-footers. There were equipment problems that affected everyone running on both race days.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH

Old 04-21-1999, 01:52 PM   #13
George Klass
Registered Member

Regarding some of the comments by some complainers above: The True Street tech cards have a space for "approved minimum et". For instance, if there is no roll bar, that car is limited to a minimum of 12.00 seconds. The driver is appraised of this during his tech. He is informed that if he runs under 12.00 he is out. We had several cars disqualified for these types of safety violations. The drivers knew the story. Nobody made them get back in line to run again. They knew that they would be DQ'd. The actual Tech Card is kept in the tower during the runs. I do not have everyones minimums memorized. Until I get up to the tower after the runs, I can not check this info. The drivers who ran under their minimums knew what they were doing. I have no simpathy for them. I do have simpathy for the crybabies who complain about it, though.
Old 04-21-1999, 05:48 PM   #14
jmb331
Registered Member

we ran Friday trying to get our 9 sec. lic. It did not happen, so we did not try to step it up for true street on sat because we knew that we would get kick out. As it turned out we were better off not running in the 9's. we finished with the fastest 10 sec car with an ave of 10.45. As for juging 60 foot times ...you can tell if you hook or not...its just a number...most Mustangs run better on the big end
Old 04-22-1999, 01:17 PM   #15
2FAST4U
Registered Member

I am looking for some clarification as to the types of computers that are legal in the Street Renegade class. I was DQ'd due to an illegal computer (SpeedBrain). What is the difference in modifying a signal within the computer different from after it leaves the EEC and is intercepted and then modified? There is a lack of knowledge on the part of the inspectors who officiate this class. So, I can run a custom chip that is not part of the original EEC and it is legal? We need someone with the understanding to step and take a look at what is out there and open up the rules a little. The SpeedBrain is nothing more than a programmable chip that is built into the confines of a EEC-IV footprint. In the rules it also states that no computer can be used to drive secondary injectors. Well, guess what, the #1 qualifier in Street Renegade is using such a device.

Let me know if I need to start a new thread or if anyone else has or had the same problem.
Old 04-22-1999, 05:50 PM   #16
Bob Kurgan S/R 94
Registered Member

For starters, If you would have looked at my engine compartment at either event, you would have noticed that my SIDS were unplugged at the injectors.. I also keep the SIDS driver in my trailer, so that people like you dont accuse me of illegal parts in S/R. I was thoroughly torn down at SBSO and the FFW crew found me to be completely legal. My lifters even bled .130 when my cam was checked. Get your facts straight next time!
Old 04-23-1999, 07:42 AM   #17
2FAST4U
Registered Member

If it's on the car then it's illegal. Simple enough. If it has a potential to be used, it's illegal. Ok, I used just the stock EEC-IV parts in the SpeedBrain and didn't use the modified part of it. I guess that would be ok then...right??
I don't want to get into a flame war here. Bottom line is they need to take "Street" out the "Street Renegade" class. I'm the only one in the top 10 that still drives their car everyday and still has cold A/C and yes, it's a 5 spd. Not a high stalled C-4 race car. Yes, I have a chip on my shoulder, not because I'm not #1, but because this class is intended for "street" cars...not RACE cars. When was the last time any of the top qualifiers drove their S/R stang out of town on a 400+ mile one way trip? Answer: NONE
I don't want to attack anyone personally. If I'm wrong, then I will apologize.

Let's get the "Street" back in this class!!!

NUFSAID
Old 04-23-1999, 07:50 AM   #18
jchambers

OK guys, let's calm down and clean it up a little. I don't think the personal attacks are constructive and definitely not in the best interest of the forum. I'd suggest that we move this to personal email. If you'd like to continue to discuss the intentions of the classes, let's start a new, 'calm and collected' thread where others might feel comfortable to join in.

Thanks.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH

Old 04-23-1999, 09:53 AM   #19
Bob Kurgan S/R 94
Registered Member

it states in the rulebook that an "aftermarket computer system that runs" the injectors is illegal.. The SIDS on my car are run by a little box with 4 pots on it.. not a computer... That is why they are legal.... Just ask Bill Alexander
Old 04-23-1999, 11:25 AM   #20
Mike Wesley
Registered Member

The way I read the computer rules in SR is that the engine must be driven by the factory EEC. This is why you can't run a DFI, FelPro, Electromotive, Speedbrain, EPEC, etc.

They allow you to change the calibration of the EEC (Chip, Calibrator, etc..) or modify the signals generated by the EEC (PMS, Extender, Interceptor) but not have a different computer controlling the engine.

2FAST4U, your Speedbrain is a standalone system that replaces the EEC. From what APE says, it has ZERO EEC related parts in it. Based on that, and the way the rules are written, currently no standalone EFI systems are allowed. Just becuase the Speedbrain's case is the same as the EEC's case, doesn't fly (IMO). I can take a DFI system and stick it in an EEC case...would that be legal? Nope. (Oh, don't take all of this the wrong way...just pointing stuff out)

I'm developing some documentation for George that will explain exactly what each system does, how it fits or doesn't fit within the rules and how to regulate it all.

As for street cars vs race cars, well, that's get a bit tough. I own a 94 F150 Lighting that puts out enough power to push that #4500 truck to 133 MPH in the 1/4. It has cruise, A/C all of that and I drive it around all the time (drove it from MI to SBSO last year).
Since it puts out WAY more power than alot of pure race cars, is it a race truck or a street truck?

Closed Thread