MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-1999, 03:15 AM   #21
2Quick4u
Registered Member

Testy Testy Testy. The way i see it is U drive your car everyday thats your perogrative im sure Half of the renegade cars get driven on the street thats where most of the fun is. being from the chicago area I've seen bobs car on the street, and ron matula's White lx on the street. and ive also seen plenty of not street legal cars on the street But does that make them street cars or race cars. If the Cars are BUILT within the guidelines of the rules then i believe they should Have A Right to run.
If Bob Passed tech the way he was and they felt confident that he wasn't using the secondary injectors so be it. Maybe when u seen it u should of protested it and maybe they could of explained it 2 u better than we can here. say u have a nos system on your car But No Line or bottle Is That Legal to run if your running a Blower. Yea Because How Can It Work Without The necessary Parts It Cant. Just like No Module So No Work.

[This message has been edited by 2Quick4u (edited 04-24-99).]
Old 04-24-1999, 07:22 AM   #22
2FAST4U
Registered Member

Well, at least I accomplished my goal of getting some needed attention thrown at the "Street" Renagade's tech specs and rules.

It will always be a fact that those with the $$ and sponsors will forever win each and every class out there. The reason you don't see the "race" cars on the street is because they have way to much $$ tied up in their setup.

I applaud Mike Wesley for having a 4K truck that can do extremely well in the 1/4 and still drive it on the street.

I don't want to point fingures or single anyone out. I apologize for using Bob as an example.

Simple fact is that if you set out to run to win in a class like Street Renegade, you are going to build a "Race" car to do it. The last thing you are going to think of putting in it is a radio, A/C, extra sound proofing, pwr windows, pwr locks, heater..those are the first things that are usually taken out of a street car.

<yawn> This debate can go on and on and on. It will always be a fact that everyone has their opinion of what a street car should be. Mine just happens to be what I believe in (one that is driven on the street more than once a week). The rules are so vague that "anything" could be a street car and still pass. The only way to make this class competitive is t limit the ET. But, we all know, that's not racing.

<<I hope I haven't given myself to bad a name here>> I'm usually not this opinionated. I guess that it's a touchy subject with me and sorry if I have seemed irrational and pig headed. hehe I get a lot of people asking me why I race my street car in a race car class...hmmm I tell them, it's a lot of fun. Especially, to beat up on the guys with the Automatics. <grin>

Stick a fork in me....I'm done...adios.
Old 04-24-1999, 02:22 PM   #23
Zane Bates
Registered Member

I was also at the Commerce event and i thought the dqs for Renegade werent exactley fair.I propose that to make this more of a street class lets eliminate transbrakes,limit the cars to 8 injectors,no longer alow 2 step modules,must have functioning equipment(wipers, heater,radio, etc....)and allow any computer system as long as it fires the injectors in a stock eec manner(no dfi),doesnt start any stages of nitrous or in any why control anything to do with the charger that doesnt have to do with the stock sensors(or stock type)or injectors and it must function with stock type ford style input and output sensors.No type of data logging equipmen allowed on board.This way a Speed brain or pms will not have any type of advantage over a chip or any type of tuner such as an EEC tuner or Calibrator dl.Hey alls I know is that i aint never street raced with a trans brake.Well not that i would street race any way.these are just a few things that i can think of.
Old 04-24-1999, 05:10 PM   #24
trustreet19
Registered Member

To all who have discussed my car in this forum - lets set the record straight.Iwas the guy that ran the 9.56 in tru street. First of all I did not lie to the tech. guys about my car. It was a brand new motor and I did not know what it would run. If it ran quicker than 10.00 I understood that I would be DQed. The problem I have with the whole thing was the way the rules were enforced and applied. Some cars spent no time in tech while others were picked apart. Example; the red car that won practically drove thru tech. The cars that wer'nt slick and had no sponsors were harrased by the head tech official and his very unproffesional manner. This is not just my opinion but the opinion of 3 other competitors in this class that I spoke with. Example: When I didnt get my second timeslip I was told by the head tech official that if I couldnt make a fourth and fifth pass I was just f----d. Should'nt I have just been told that I was already DQed? No need to be rude. To the folks at FFW - I have ran many times at Bristol and Atlanta. Ive been winner once and a runner up once. I do this for fun but if this is the way you run a program then I and many people who spoke to me and shook my hand at Atlanta will be looking to race elsewere(NMCA) where rules are enforced equally.

Rob Roberts

[This message has been edited by trustreet19 (edited 04-24-99).]
Old 04-25-1999, 10:28 AM   #25
George Klass
Registered Member

Rob,
First of all, I'm sorry that you didn't get a time slip on your 2nd run. Computer errors happen. However, I told you in tech that if you under 10.00 you would be DQ'd. Since your 9 sec run occured on your first run, you would have been better off if you never got back in line for your 2nd run. As I said before, once the tech cards are sent up to the tower, I don't see them until after the 3 runs are completed. That is the first time that I can see what everyone has run on paper. The moment that you picked up your time slip you knew (before me) what to expect. Get accountable. As to the "red" car, you must be speaking about the Mustang driven by Willie Figueroa. Check with Willie about "crusing" through tech. I teched his car on Friday and he spent 1/2 the night moving the water reservoir from the rear to the front of the car.

Let the word go out from here. If you run quicker than your safety equipment permits, you will be thrown out at the conclusion of the True Street runs, unless you drop out on your own sooner. It's time for every participant to be accountable.
Old 04-26-1999, 12:12 AM   #26
SMUTT
Registered Member

TO THE GUY IN TRUE STREET"CAR19" I DONT BLAME YOU FOR BEING UPSET OVER ALL THIS. I WOULD BE VERY MAD TOO IF I BUSTED MY BUTT TO GET THE CAR READY FOR THE MEET AND IT TURNED AROUND TO BE A BIG POLITIC GAME COME TECH TIME. I SEEN WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU REPLIED TO SOME CARS GLIDING THROUGH TECH AND SOME BEING PICKED TO DEATH. I WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME THE CARS WERE BEING TECHED AND I SEEN IT FIRST HAND , YOU ARE RIGHT THE CARS WITH SLICK AND SHINY PAINT AND BIG TIME SPONSORS GLIDED RIGHT THREW, AND THE OTHERS WERE JUST PLAIN"in my words" HARRASED! IN MY EYES AS A RACER YOUR CAR WAS MORE THAN ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE 9 SEC-PASSES, AND YOUR DRIVING WAS IMPRESSIVE TOO"WHEELS IN THE AIR AT 1000ft", THAT WOULD HAVE MADE A GOOD COVER PAGE FOR A FLYER AT THE NEXT EVENT.I UNDERSTAND THAT NHRA AND IHRA HAVE THERE RULES AND THEY MUST BE INFORCED, BUT MAYBE AT THE NEXT EVENT WE WILL HAVE TRUE TECH'S AND NOT POLITICIANS SAYING WHAT GOES. I HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE NEXT EVENT, BECAUSE MAN YOU PUT ON A GOOD SHOW WITH THE WHEELEES. KEEP UP THE ALLSOME WORK, AND DONT LET NONE OF THIS GET TOO YOU BECAUSE I KNOW AND YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON AS FAR AS THE DQ'S GO,SO DONT SWEAT IT!!

[This message has been edited by SMUTT (edited 04-26-99).]
Old 04-28-1999, 09:29 PM   #27
stayback
Registered Member

TO THE OFFICIALS AT FFW IN ATLANTA I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THE TECHING OF THE CARS IN TRUE STREET. GOING BACK TO THE FACTS GIVIN BY jtp, I NOW SEE WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT SAYING SOME CARS WERE SPENDING NO TIME IN TECH, STARTING WITH LES BAER'S RACE CAR. WHY WAS HE ABLE TO BE TECHED ON FRIDAY? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, THE TECH TIMES WERE FOR SATURDAY, THEREFORE MAKING IT UNFAIR TO THE OTHERS IN TRUE STREET THAT DIDN'T HAVE EXTRA TIME TO MODIFY THEIR CARS FOR TECH! FOR EXAMPLE, IF THE GUY WHO RUN THE 9.56-145 HAD KNOWN 24hrs BEFORE RACING THAT HIS ROLL CAGE WOULDN'T PASS TECH, HE COULD HAVE BROUGHT IT UP TO TECH SPEC'S. SPEAKING OF RULES, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET DOWN TO IT, THE NHRA RULE BOOK PLAINLY STATES THAT IN NO WAY CAN YOU ALTER ANY BODY COMPONENTS SUCH AS FIREWALLS OR STRUT TOWERS IN THE PRO 5.0 CLASS, BUT I GUESS WHEN YOUR CAR IS BEING TECHED BY YOUR OWN SPONSORS IT REALLY DON'T MATTER, SOUNDS LIKE A POLITICION GAME TO ME. ANOTHER QUESTION IS THAT WHY DID THE 30 MILE TOUR ONLY TURN OUT TO BE ONLY 19 MILES, BECAUSE YOU KNOW 10 MORE MILES COULD HAVE MADE A DIFFERANCE! IN CLOSING, TO MR.ROBERTS, ALTHOUGH YOUR CAR WAS DQ'ED, YOU STILL PUT ON ONE HELL OF A SHOW FOR US FANS WITH THE 1000FT WHEELEE, WITH A NICE PAINT JOB AND A FULL ROLL CAGE MAYBE THEN YOU CAN MAKE IT INTO THE MAGAZINES!
SINCERELY,

HAPPY MOTORING
[This message has been edited by stayback (edited 04-28-99).]

[This message has been edited by stayback (edited 04-29-99).]
Old 04-28-1999, 10:57 PM   #28
George Klass
Registered Member

Friday at Atlanta was a Test & Tune day.
Anyone who was there on Friday could have gone through tech if they desired.
And if you believe that you have to go through "tech" to find out if your roll cage is legal or illegal, you dhould probably stay home and play golf. What's the matter with you?
Old 04-29-1999, 11:32 AM   #29
SMUTT
Registered Member

DEAR GEORGE KLASS,

I WAS RECENTLY READING OVER YOUR LAST COMMENTS ON THE CARS BEING TECHED ON FRIDAY AND FOUND IT TO BE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! LOOKS LIKE TO ME YOU BEING A DISTRIBUTOR OF PERFORMANCE PARTS AND ALL THE PROFITS GOING IN YOUR POCKETS YOU WOULD WAKE UP AND RELIZE TO WHOM YOU ARE SPEAKING TO! THE PEOPLE REPLYING TO THESE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE ARE NOT ONLY RACERS THEY ARE ALSO PURCHASERS OF YOUR PRODUCTS, AND BELIVE ME THIS IS NO WAY TO SELL PARTS TO THE PUBLIC. " STAY HOME AND PLAY GOLF"? WAS THIS DIRECTED TOWARDS ALL THAT REPLYED TO THE POLITIC TECH GAMES, SURE SOUNDED LIKE IT TO ME GEORGE. ALL IN ALL YOU HAVE TOTALLY LOST MY INTREST IN PUCHASING ANY AND I MEAN ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS, IF THIS IS THE WAY YOU ACT TOWARDS THE PUBLIC ABOUT SOME PETTY TECH GAMES, I SURE HATE TO SEE THE WAY YOU WARRANTY YOU PERFORMANCE PARTS! IN CLOSING, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MR.ROB ROBERTS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I RECIEVED FROM HIM IN ATLANTA ON THE PARTS THAT I WILL BE PURCHASING FROM HIM IN THE NEAR FUTURE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DISCUSS WITH ME THE BEST COMBINATIONS FOR MY NEW MOTOR FOR THE 99 SEASON. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON IN THE NMCA.

SINCERELY,

BRIAN SMITH
@
SMITTY'S AUTOMOTIVE
CANDLER,NC

Old 04-29-1999, 01:55 PM   #30
CobrasVenom89
Registered Member

George Klass that last comment of yours was way off. Truely the most Unprofessional comment I have ever heard for a Sponsor or Project manager of any business. You are here to represent Fun Ford and to HELP people understand the rules and regulations. Bashing a person that could one day be a player like Mike Murillo or Gene Deputy etc. you dont know who the next up and comer will be. This gentleman without HUGE sponsors came to one of your events and put on great show from what I heard (Deep 9s? with no sponcers?) Now my point is this us little guys that dont have these big sponcers and Corp. backing we do our best to get our cars legal and sometimes we bring untested combos to the events. This person did just that he had no idea that the car would go 9s, if the user had been given the same opportunity to get teched early like the big guys he possibly coulda had the correct bars welded in (I can get a Pro50 cage installed in 24 hours with no sleep) So the car had a legal cage for 11s in it. "stay Home and play golf" WTF are you thinking how old are you to be making such a childish statement? This person is a customer and a patron of the Fun Ford events if this kinda statement were to get published on all the Ford pages it could destroy your reputation with the small semi-pro racers as being a jerk when it comes to non sponcered racers, and belive it or not George we are the life blood of the sport and the event without us all you have is a underated side show of only the Pro5.0 company cars. just my oppionion but very unprofessional way to do business you owe us all a Public appology for that statement.

Texas Jam built 10 second nitrous burner future Street Outlaw car (that is if George gets his act together or else im boycotting Fun Ford

[This message has been edited by CobrasVenom89 (edited 04-29-99).]
Old 04-29-1999, 06:49 PM   #31
George Klass
Registered Member

I'm sorry, you guys missed the point entirely. My statement was directed to the fellow who was going to fix his roll cage "if it wasn't OK". My point is this. Racers need to absolutely know if their safety equipment is correct for the ET that they intend to run. They need to know if their safety belts have expired dates. FFW tech shouldn't have to deal with improper or missing safety equipment. It seems to me that FFW shows more concern for the racer's safety than the racer has for himself. There is no reason for this problem. Safety is no joke. Racer's running in the 9's MUST have the proper equipment. One of the guys above was talking about the "life blood, etc." It's the racer's actual blood that we are worried about. The NHRA and IHRA rulebooks are available at most any tracks. Serious racers have these books almost memorized. That's a sign that they take their life seriously. This safety issue has nothing to do with little guy vs. big guy. It is totally about having a legal (safe) car.

I have never understood how any racer has enough time to play on this (or any other board) and yet, doesn't have enough time to read the sanctioning body Rule Books. This is no joke. Please, please, make your cars legal befor coming to the event. If you have questions, call me or use this board. But don't expect to run at any FFW event if your car does not meet the safety specs.
Old 04-29-1999, 07:36 PM   #32
Zane Bates
Registered Member

That Has To be the most ignorant statement you have made yet.There is no way that any normal person who does this as a hobby could ever keep up with the constantley evolving NHRA OR Ihra saftey rules.Most of us have to work in a feild that is not related to the automotive industry and when we get home we have to mow the lawn, play with the Kids,take care of are personal Buissness,not counting trying to find time to work on our cars and then save up enough money to maybe get the chance to drive how ever many miles to then proudly display our lifes work in your tech line and then be told that would should have done our homework and known exactley what kind of saftey equipment we should have in our vehicle.Welp there goes sleep time ,gotta learn ever last one of them so i want be made to feel like a moron.I guess the next time I"ll know better.Oh by the way as long as im paying an entry fee at your event it is your job to tell me if my car is up to standards and if it isn"t then you better be willingly to explain to me why its not.Remember the Customer is always right. After all if we all new all these rules then we would not need a tech guy.By the way you teched my buddy in in true street on Friday and could only fid one thing wrong,a hole in his Firewall.So it was promptly fixed that night.The next day you suddenly decided to tell him that is Bellhousing was not up to standards.This was a car that had over 3000 dollars worth of chrome moly nhra certified down to 7.50 roll cage in it.So we made a mistake.We worked like hell to finally get the car ready and then you treated us like idiots.Like we were trying to slip something by you.You knw if you would have told us that on Friday we could have acquired the necasary saftey equipment and put it in.But I guess it Doesnt really Matter does it George.
Old 04-29-1999, 10:31 PM   #33
SMUTT
Registered Member

WELL I AM ALL OUT OF MONEY NOW. I CANT BUY ANY MORE PARTS FOR MY "STREET CAR" TO BRING IT UP TO TECH SPECS SO I THINK I WILL GO PLAY GOLF NOW! ANYONE FOR 18 HOLES TODAY?
Old 04-29-1999, 11:28 PM   #34
stayback
Registered Member

THANKS GEORGE FOR MAKING MY POINT FOR ME. BY THE WAY I
DONT HAVE MONEY AND TIME LIKE YOU DO TO PLAY GOLF BUT IF I DID IT WOULD BE HAPPY GILMORE STYLE!

[This message has been edited by stayback (edited 04-30-99).]
Old 04-30-1999, 02:24 AM   #35
89texasjamlx
Registered Member

"Get accountable. As to the "red" car, you must be speaking about the Mustang driven by Willie Figueroa. Check with Willie about "crusing" through tech. I teched his car on Friday and he spent 1/2 the night moving the water reservoir from the rear to the front of the car"

"My point is this. Racers need to absolutely know if their safety equipment is correct for the ET that they intend to run. They need to know if their safety belts have expired dates. FFW tech shouldn't have to deal with improper or missing safety equipment."

Hmm Doesnt this again contridict what you just posted? Willy Fig is one of the so called pro racers he knows the rules and was in violation of one of the rules.. yet you gave him a whole night to fix the problem. you had beter get your story straight here George your falling to pieces.. I get the feeling George really dont like us small guys running 8s and 9s in his event at all dont yall?

------------------
Texas Jam Prepped Pro 5.0 LX runs 10.80s on NOS
11.60s on motor CYA!
Old 04-30-1999, 11:31 AM   #36
SMUTT
Registered Member

GEORGE KLASS,

IN YOUR OWN WORDS "I NEVER UNDERSTOOD HOW ANY RACER HAS ENOUGH TIME TO PLAY ON THIS BOARD OR ANY OTHER" WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? READING OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF COMMENTS, NO FACTS ABOVE, I DONT THINK THESE GUYS ARE PLAYING AROUND! THESE GUYS ARE NON SPONSORED AND WORK HARD FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, AND IT IS TIME TO TREAT THEM WITH SOME RESPECT, BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THIS IS REALLY TURNING INTO A SERIOUS ISSUE HERE, SO LETS TREAT IT LIKE ONE! THE COMMENTS GIVEN ABOVE BY YOU PLAY A SERIOUS ROLL ON YOUR REPUTATION. I THINK THE RESPECT THAT THESE RACERS HAD FOR YOU IS GONE FROM THIS POINT ON AND CAN NEVER BE EARNED AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO FROM HERE ON OUT! I TRULY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE IN YOUR FIELD AS A PEFORMANCE PARTS DISTRIBUTOR CAN ACT IN SUCH A UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER. FRANKLY, I DONT REALLY CARE BECAUSE I DO NOT USE YOUR PARTS, BUT THIS B.S. HAS TO BE RESOLVED ABOUT THE TECHING OF THE CARS BEFORE THE NEXT FFW EVENT. ALL THE CARS NEED TO BE TECHED ALL IN THE SAME DAY SO EVERYONE CAN GET IT FIRST HAND HOW CROOKED THIS SIDE SHOW REALLY IS.I REALLY DONT THINK IT WILL CHANGE ANY IN THE NEAR FUTURE UNLESS WE HAVE TRUE NHRA OR IHRA OFFICIALS DOING THE TECHING. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AT ANY EVENT "FFW OR ANY 5.0 SHOOTOUT" UNTILL I WENT TO ATLANTA. I SEEN IT FIRST HAND HOW THE MONEY CAN PLAY A ROLL IN WHO WINS AND WHO LOOSES! I REALLY DONT SEE HOW A SPONSOR CAN TECH IN HIS ON CAR, BUT I GUESS WHEN THE MONEY IS RIGHT NOTHING CAN BE WRONG!

GOING BACK TO THE SIMPATHY FOR THE CRYBABIES COMMENT, JUST WHO IN THE HELL WAS THAT MENT FOR GEORGE. SOUNDS TO ME THERE IS NO ONE CRYING HERE, WE ARE JUST MERELY PUTTING THE FACTS UP FOR DISCUSSION AND IT SEEMS YOU ARE THINKING OF IT AS NOTHING MORE THAN A STUPID MIND GAME. NO GAMES HERE GEORGE, THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUS. YOU NEED TO WAKE UP AND RELIZE THAT! THESE GUYS ARE THE ONES WHO PUT ON THE SHOW AND NOT TO MENTION PUT THE MONEY IN YOUR POCKET'S. THE POLITIC THRASHING ON THE LITTLE GUYS NEEDS TO STOP, THESE GUYS AND I WORK HARD FOR ANY AND EVEYTHING WE HAVE AND NOT S#*T HAS EVER BEEN HANDED TO US AND NEVER WILL! BUT I GUESS YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT WILL YOU. I SURE HOPE YOU CAN GET THIS RESOLVED BEFORE THESE FFW EVENTS TURN SOUR FOR YOU.
GET THIS STRAITENED OUT GEORGE, THESE EVENTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE HARD ON EVEYONE AS YOU ARE MAKING IT TO BE. I FOR ONE WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT AGAIN BECAUSE I AM DONE WITH THE FFW EVENTS FROM HERE ON OUT!

THANKS TO ALL THE RACERS AND FANS FOR ALL YOUR FACTS AND COMMENTS ON THESE FFW ISSUES. KEEP THEM COMING IN AND LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS WHOLE THING RESOLVED SO EVERYONE WHO ATTEND'S THESE EVENTS CAN BE TREATED EQUALLY AND HAVE A GOOD TIME.

SINCERELY,

BRIAN SMITH
@
SMITTY'S AUTOMOTIVE
CANDLER,NC

Old 04-30-1999, 07:19 PM   #37
jtp
Registered Member

Well this has become quite interesting. From what I can tell George we've got several racers and fans who are not happy with tech proceedures or the professionalism with which they are carried out. The issue here is not whether someone should be allowed to run a 10 sec. legal car in the 9 sec. bracket. I have'nt seen anyone complain about that here yet. The issue is whether people are treated fairly and with respect when they are at the track. So far in this thread you've called us crybabies and complainers, told us we need to take up golf, and even suggested that we spend too much time on the computer. Hmmm, maybe these people are right! As for 10 sec. cars running in the 9's - You said "I do not have everyones minimums memorized" and "It's time for every participant to be accountable". If this is true(and I believe it is)then it's time for you to be accountable to the racers in the opposite lane and to NHRA for allowing it to go on. If someone runs too fast, pat him on the back, tell him he did a hell'uva job, and that you hope to see him at the next event with the right equipment but that he can't make another pass. There is no need to be critical of us. Many of us spend what to us is a large ammount of money just to be competitive at one local event per year. We are not asking for rules to bent. We ARE asking for equal treatment and respect. If FFW wants our money, they need to earn it - not expect it.
Old 04-30-1999, 09:21 PM   #38
noslo50
Registered Member

I would like to adress the commerce ffw as well as George Klass . First of all as as spectater I must say the ffw was very unimpressive ovrall. I have raced and watched numerous evnts for the last eight years or so I do have a clue as to what goes on. As a racer I know that tech can be difficult or easy. Many times I have seen racers breeze through tech simply because has been in magizines or is using an engine built by the inspector{ ie civil wars}

To tru street 19 I spoke to you in commerce because you did not have a flashy car, but because it ran like a cat on acid. I could tell it was not a 20,000 race engine with a 6,000 blower and intercooler in a 15,000 caged RACE CAR. and to see you dqed in youR STREET CAR sucked! I understand the track must follow rules. but it is not the racers responsabilty to get out of line. CHECK YOUR RULE BOOK GEORGE since you have it memorized, your words not mine! It is the officials responsabilty THATS YOU GEORGE to say SORRY PAL you just blasted your index, for saftey and insurance reasons I cant let you make another pass but come back next event and try again. I know if I paid 50 bucks to run in true street NOT CORPRATE STREET GEORGE I would not pull myself out neither I would have made my passes to especially since mr. roberts was trying to find out what his car would do. I ws watching your back up runs and they looked much better than the 9.56 pass. THAT WAS TWO PASSES GEORGE WHICH WERE NOT GIVEN! GEORGE IF THIS WERE COMPUTER PROBLEMS WHY DID THE ORANGE CAR GET A TIME AND MR. ROBERTS DIDNT! BY THE WAY GOOD LOOKIN ORANGE CAR. MR. Roberts please dont be discouraged by this event. I would love to see you back in true street, I can tell you are not racing because you have more money than you know what to do with OR BIG NAME SPONSOR! but because you love it.

To george klass you sir have proven to be rude and very unprofessional. I have read about your products and have been impressed , such as spider, fi intake, as well as your headers, but after reading your comments on this page I have decided that you dont need my money! You failed to relize some of complainers and crybabies you put down may have been future customers, Because we live in a country that guarantees freedem of speech I will use it to complain if I feel that Ive been done wrong, this is everones right . Just as you invoke your right to be rude and be asinying or plain being a *#shole. I guess I will check out eldebrock's victor intake and rci tubes for my injected windsor

You sir have forgotten what true street really means. I have been all over the world and have never seen a car with a 12pt cage trulley street driven car. these are not just race cars since you cannot present yourself in a polite and professional manner maybe YOU should stick to playing GOLF, AND STAY OUT OF RACING. After all racing requires " TWO BALLS"

To true street 19 will you please post your e-mail adress so I can contact you for some info.

sincerely

NOSLO50

[This message has been edited by noslo50 (edited 04-30-99).]
Old 05-02-1999, 11:49 PM   #39
jmb331
Registered Member

ok guys this is getting crazy.....the nhra rules have been the same for several years. if you are going to run in the nines you must have all of the right equipment....this rule is for our saftey not to put down the little guy. I'm just like most of you'll, I have a job that I spend 45-50 hrs a week at then there is my car time.I drag race for the fun of it and I know what the rules are. I agree that the ffw events should be ran better but they are much better now than in the past.And as for as getting the time to correct anything that is not leagal, take a day off from work and go down on test and tune day. If you dont know what your car is going to run, would not be the smart thing to do? FFW runs at real tracks, and they have to live by the rules of those tracks. They do not run at some bs hole in the wall outlaw track like shady side.
Old 05-03-1999, 07:41 AM   #40
StangFlyer
Founder

jmb331 said it perfectly:

Quote:
"If you are going to run in the nines you must have all of the right equipment. This rule is for our saftey, not to put down the little guy." And, "as for getting the time to correct anything that is not legal, take a day off from work and go down on test and tune day."
Now this thread is getting totally out of hand, and it's time for it to die. Not because you're bashing George, but because you are just not being reasonable. The person who had until the next day to fix the areas that did not comply with NHRA rules was not given "special" treatment. He had an extra day to get his car up to snuff because he showed up for Friday's test and tune racing, and went through NHRA tech on Friday, as well. Therefore, because FFW racing did not start until Saturday, he had until then to get things straight and re-tech.

Now, the individual who ran 9's in True Street and was unhappy with his disqualification should have known better to expect any different. He should have either: [1] took his car to his local track before hand to see what it would run, and then configured his safety components accordingly, or [2] showed up on Friday at the beginning of Test and Tune day, then if possible made any required changes to be legal before the start of racing on Saturday. If neither was possible, then he either should have just came as spectator or raced as he did, but done so accepting the risk that if he ran faster than he already setup his safety equipment for, he would be disqualified. That's racing folks.

Now, I'm not saying that there are never any politics played out in Fun Ford Racing. You know, I'm sure that from time to time there unfortunately may be. However, if you think that's any different within any other racing series, including big time NHRA championship series, or NASCAR, or anything else, you are sadly mistaken. Where ever money comes into play, it is always my experience that atleast some level of politics do too.

So, you can either get your stuff together and make sure you know what your responsibilities are as a participating racer, or stick to your local track with "bubba the tech boy" who lets you slide through NHRA tech. That choice is yours, but look at it this way. If you take the time to known the rules and your car, you won't have to worry about whether you're going to pass Fun Ford and NHRA tech. And, you can take solace in the fact that you'll live if you meet "Mr. Wall".

Now, I think George in his own way was just trying to make a point here about the rules and that Fun Ford has no choice but to enforce NHRA standards at host tracks. And, that if you don't feel like, or can't, show up until Saturday that there is no way they can grant you special time to work on your can to be legal in order to race. Fun Ford has an event to run and a time schedule to keep, and they can't delay your class just to make you happy while also pissing off all the other participants of your class. It is up to you, not Fun Ford Weekend, to make sure your car meets both Fun Ford class rules and NHRA safety rules. And, knowing George now for some time, I'm sure that he did not mean to intentionally come off as putting down any of the participants in Fun Ford events; especially "unsponsored" racers. After all, once upon a time, even George Klass started out as a lowly unsponsored racer too you know. Both George, and Bill Alexander, have always been stand up guys any time I've dealt with them. So get off it, make sure you're legal ahead of time, and go kick some butt at the next event you can get to!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!

Closed Thread