Thread: FFW RESULTS
View Single Post
Old 04-19-1999, 07:11 PM   #4
jtp
Registered Member

Hey,if you think not being able to get results from Atlanta is a joke, you should have been there! It was a REAL joke! Just when spectators start showing up in decent numbers, the offciating and competition goes to hell. If you didn't have a slick paint job and some sort of sponser at Atlanta you were snubbed by the officials and the magazines. I saw one guy in True Street carry the front wheels to the 1000 ft. mark and run 9.56. His car looked rough but he was 3rd fastest after round one. His next 2 runs he wasn't even given a time! I can tell you that from where I was sitting in the stands the crowd was not happy about it! After the event was over, pictures of the cars were for sale by the magazine photographers. Again, numerous pictures of the other cars, but only one of this car! It appears to me that we've forgot where we came from and magazines have forgot who buys their sponsors products. Pro 5.0 was the same story. No one wanted to be in this class and have to run Les Baer. Although he has a beautiful car, it appeared to be illegal. What ever happened to "unaltered firewall and stock strut panels"? I guess, when the guy writing the rules and teching the cars has 3 of his decals on your car, anything goes! To number 19 in True Street - Hang in there buddy, hope to see you in NMCA. There are other places to race!