MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-01-1999, 06:36 PM   #1
namadness
Registered Member

Post FFW schedule vs NMRA schedule

When NMRA came out they said they were about helping and supporting Ford Racing. On 3 Weekends they will compete against FFW. One of the events I blame on FFW. The MOTORSPORTS NATIONALS on June 23-25. The other 2 I think that FFW came out with their schedule first. The FFW schedule was on their board on the 17th of September. Why are these two Ford Bodies competing against one another. Insted of supporting each other, they are competing!

MAY 6-7
FFW = Houston Raceway Park, Houston, TX
NMRA = National Trail Raceway, Columbus, OH

June 23-25
FFW = Virginia Motorsports Park, Richmond, VA
NMRA = Maple Grove Raceway, Reading, PA
* These events were on the same weekend in 99, so I blame FFW for this, FO MO NATS is a big event

August 5-6
FFW = Bristol Dragway, Bristol, TN
NMRA = Gateway International Raceway, St Louis, MO

namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-1999, 12:06 AM   #2
jchambers

It may not be a simple as two competing factions trying to upstage each other. When booking events, there's more to it than storming into the track office and saying "Iwant this date for a FFW event". The track's schedule, the rest of the FFW schedule as well as staffing, etc. all have to be considered. So there may not have been any chance of avoiding overlapping schedules. The NMRA and FFW are, in fact, competing for business, but I also see them trying to coexist pretty peacefully. I would like to run a few NMRA events myself next year, but we'll have to see if the travel funds allow it.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 10-02-1999, 01:13 AM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

I read James Lawrence's response on the NMRA board. What he said makes sense to me regarding getting dates. It's no walk in the park and there are many factors involved. However, FFW dates are the same as last year and the year before that, in most cases. For instance, if an event falls on the 3rd weekend of a given month, it will again. We use the same weekend every year for the same event, in most cases. The conflict regarding the WFC dates came about because WFC moved back one weekend. Our Alabama date stayed the same. It happens.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote