MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-26-1999, 03:55 AM   #1
namadness
Registered Member

Post FFW on Speedvision????

Were any of the FFW taped this year? Last year, they played the 98 FFW on Speedvision in October sometime? Anyone know if they will be on Speedvision again this year?

Matthew Thompson
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-1999, 10:23 AM   #2
jchambers

I checked Speedvisions web site last week and didn't find any schedule for airing the FFW events. I know that they taped at the SBSO and Norwalk events and maybe Ennis too. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it.

BTW: Check out the new FFW Message Board at www.funford.com this group will soon cease to exist.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 10-27-1999, 08:01 AM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

Ford Motor Co. will sponsor a minimum of 3 FFW events next year to be aired on Speedvision. The production agreements are already signed. I don't know for sure which events will be filmed for broadcast.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-1999, 11:54 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

My guess would be that the Spring Break Shootout and Norwalk would be two of them. They are the most popular.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-1999, 11:02 AM   #5
jchambers

I have this sneaking suspicion though that since Ford will have total 'creative' control over the filming that only Mod Motor activity will be shown. I'd bet that they wanted the control so that they can use it as another advertising tool.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 11-01-1999, 02:00 AM   #6
JCSTANG
Registered Member

I hope not jeff. They surely wouldn't risk ticking off past(and future) customers. Not showing any of the other classes would do just that. I taped the Norwalk and SBSO last year off speedvision, so if any of you know if any of this years are going to air email me so I set the VCR. I would agree that norwalk and bradenton should deffinately be 2 of the 3. Don't know which one would be considered the 3rd most popular.

------------------

http://www.inergy.com/jcstang
JCSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote