MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2002, 12:17 AM   #1
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Unhappy I am missing spring break!

Man, I should be in Florida right now. I didn't go on spring break this year to save some money and am regretting it now. Almost all of my friends are there and this may be the last year for all of us to be able to go, as most of us are seniors. I have been the last two years so I figured it wouldn't be so bad to miss it a 3rd year....I was wrong. It sucks being at home right now!

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:47 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Ahhhh, don't worry about it man. Go somewhere this summer. And you always have next year.

Quote:
262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs
Go roast some tires. That'll make you feel better. .(nice #'s by the way.)
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:08 AM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Yea, there is always the upside of things....the money I save can be used for the Stang. But, man.....the beach would be nice about now. I just need to make it a few more days here at home then maybe I will head back to school where at least a few people will be around. I am just a little bummed out tonight, but I will get over it

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-25-2002, 01:11 AM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Look at it like this... I just wasn't meant to be. Everything happens for a reason. I'm kinda disappointed that I didn't go anywhere either, but there is always this summer. And you saved quite a bit of money I'm sure.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 10:07 AM   #5
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

You could be working your usual 60 hours a week just like me.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I'm in Florida, I'll tell ya how it goes, and have a beer for ya!
Old 03-26-2002, 01:57 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I've never been into the Mass Party scene, or Large Crowd of Young People scene (Unless it has to do with cars or Amusment Parks). So It wasnt any big deal at all for me to miss Spring Break.

That and working many hours in a week would of kept me from going if I wanted to.

I'd rather go to Disney World during the summer, mid Spring. I love that place. I cant wait to go back.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 02:06 PM   #8
joe4speed

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I'd rather go to Disney World during the summer, mid Spring. I love that place. I cant wait to go back.
Instead of Disney, go to Islands of Adventure if you like roller coasters.. what a blast that place is!
Old 03-26-2002, 03:48 PM   #9
mustang17
Registered Member

Spring break is an oxymoron! Your body doesn't really get much of a break. I drank enough in school, I didn't need a special week for it.

The two years I went on spring break, I came home and was sick for a week. I destroyed myself. I don't miss that. (I'm looking out the window at snow and rain right now, makes spring break seem kind of nice) Sure, drunk, out of control college girls are always fun. Don't you see that at school, though?

Take the money you didn't spend on Spring break and go somewhere you can really relax when you finish school in May.

NEW! Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Red/Black. Kleemann boost increase on the way!
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:29 PM   #10
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Yea, it may not be much of a break for the body, but it sure is fun! I don't care so much about the drunk out of control college girls anymore....I have seen enough of that the past few years. But, most of my friends are down there and it is always cool to go hang out on the beach with your buddies.

On the upside, it looks like I am putting the money I saved to use tomorrow. I am getting that LASIK surgery done on my eyes. I know several people that have had it done and they all loved it. Hopefully everything goes as smoothly for me!

J1314 - Let me know how that beer taste in the Florida sun! I had a beer here last night, but it was snowing.....so much for a "spring" break.

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-27-2002, 02:49 AM   #11
joe4speed

Beer was good on the beach... I did a cheers to ya, man!

Good luck with the surgery! From what I hear it's no big deal, and it's a drastic improvement! Let us know how it goes!
Old 03-27-2002, 03:11 AM   #12
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up Eye surgery Rocks!!!

Hey Heth!
I had RK done about 12 years ago!!!! That wuz b4 the "lazer" surgery came out...I was blind as a BAT!!!! I had 20/600 in each eye w/ and astigmatism in each eye....they did 8 radial cuts w/ a SCALPEL, and one horizontal cut in each for the ast.
I ended up w/ 20/20 in one eye and 20/25 in the other! It was the best $$$ ever spent! (except for Car parts!!)
Its regressed a little, but not too bad. I have TERRIBLE night vision, but i always did! (seeing 4 head lights instead of 2, lack of being able to see curbs and the lines in the road!) The bad night vision is not from the surgery, its just me! surgery just enhanced it a little.....
The WIERDEST thing was the first day i walked outside and could actually see the blades of grass, and the leaves on the trees instead of just seeing clumps of green color!!!
We video'd the surgery itself!!! I was pretty wasted at the time, all I remember is feeling pressure on my eye, but I was able to get up off the gurney and walk to the table to take a pain killer....It was EXTREMELEY painfull for the first 3 days..I went thru a whole bottle of percodain, but from what I understand, You dont feel ANY pain afterwards when you do the laser like you do w/ the scalpel! You are gonna LOVE your new eyes!!!!! And the surgery has come a LONG WAY since i've had it done!!!!!!!!!
I wore contacts for 14 years, and the only thing I miss about them is how they intesify the green, other than that, I dont miss a thing!!!!!
Good luck to you, and let us know how it comes out!!!!!!!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #13
joe4speed

I'm never driving with you at night, Christine!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 11:54 PM   #14
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Default New eyes!!

So, I am sitting here typing with my new eyes! Things are slightly cloudy still, but I can already see a huge difference. It is great. They recommend to take a nap when you get home from surgery and it was the coolest thing to wake up from it and be able to read my alarm clock! Vision should be even better tomorrow and then maybe gradually improve a little more over the next few weeks. Definitely money well spent!!

The actual procedure seriously took about 5 minutes to do both eyes. Very, very little discomfort involved and I could see immediately afterwards. There is a little bit of burning sensation in my eyes, but that is normal.

Topless - After your description of RK, I am sure glad Lasik is around now. But, I am glad it worked out for you and it looks as though it is for me!

And, I guess missing spring break in exchange for sight wasn't so bad after all! ( although the beer on the beach still sounds good )

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-28-2002, 02:46 AM   #15
joe4speed

Congrats, man, I'm so glad it was such a success!!!! Good for you, I'll bet you're happy!
Old 03-28-2002, 07:14 PM   #16
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang17
Spring break is an oxymoron! Your body doesn't really get much of a break. I drank enough in school, I didn't need a special week for it.

The two years I went on spring break, I came home and was sick for a week. I destroyed myself. I don't miss that. (I'm looking out the window at snow and rain right now, makes spring break seem kind of nice) Sure, drunk, out of control college girls are always fun. Don't you see that at school, though?

Take the money you didn't spend on Spring break and go somewhere you can really relax when you finish school in May.
ya can't go see drunk college girls when you are married. enjoy it while you can!
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:41 AM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Wink BBBWWWAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314
I'm never driving with you at night, Christine!!!!!!!
HAHAHHHAHAHA!!!!! ya, it can be SCARY at times!!!! But, I have found since I replaced my stock head lights w/ the Cobra Clear headlights, I can see sooooo much better!!!! Still is hard at times depending on the conditions, but it is better!!!!
Heth: Congrats on your new eyeballs!!! I KNOW HOW you feel...its SOOOOO cool! Yeah, its come along way since I did it! You are gonna love it! Theres nothing like being able to see your alarm clock in the a.m. and to be able to tell the shampoo bottle from the conditioner bottle!!!!! hahhha! CONGRATS~~~~~~~
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote