MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-1999, 01:40 PM   #1
OutlawLXCoupe
Registered Member

Question FFW Tech... Fair and Impartial?

Dear Fun Ford Bulletin Board:

I am considering racing in the Street Outlaw class for 2000 with my supercharged LX coupe. I've have seen y'all some people talking about the FFW tech like it is not fair from one case to another.. but I have never actually raced in the FFW. I would like to do all the events in the whole event series next year, or lest most of em.

From talkin to folks around here, Mike Murillo is the man to beat. I also have been hearing his chassis is radical. Can I go by the rulebook to build my chassis or can I stretch things some bit?

Ron Stark
"Future Street Outlaw Racer"
OutlawLXCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-1999, 07:23 AM   #2
jchambers

For any type of racing, be it Fun Ford, NHRA or any other type, you're always going to have three types of racers: those who follow the rules to the letter, those who work in the grey areas, and those who flat out cheat. If you're going to build an Outlaw car and plan on making a whole-heated attempt at the season crown by attending all the events, its my personal opinion that you need to be in the first group. There couldn't be anything worse than dragging your car 1200 miles to an event only to be disqualified for a rules violation. Go over your combination with the Fun Ford officials in detail if you think you're pushing any of the rules. Murillo and Robinson definitely seemed to be the guys to beat this year. If you've ever seen either of their cars run, its nothing short of unbelievable. They both have awesome cars and know how to drive them.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 10-19-1999, 08:41 PM   #3
T/S # 25
Registered Member

I couldn't agree with you more Jeff. It's a lot easier to lose to someone who is legal than someone who is cheating.

Joe
T/S # 25 (#7 after this year)
12.80 @ 107.89
T/S # 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-1999, 08:41 PM   #4
T/S # 25
Registered Member

I couldn't agree with you more Jeff. It's a lot easier to lose to someone who is legal than someone who is cheating.

Joe
T/S # 25 (#7 after this year)
12.80 @ 107.89
T/S # 25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: