MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
jayinpa
Registered Member

Question Front suspension kits?

I have a 66 mustang coupe and was wondering what complete front suspension kits were out there. I would like to get rid of the shock towers. Due to I am putting a 351w in it. I heard there is a kit that uses 5.0 parts? Or mustang II kits? Any help will be much apreciated. Thanks
JAY
jayinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:58 AM   #2
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

it depends on your budget, and how modified you want to go. There are several companies that make suspension kits including http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com and flaming river. TCP has some really cool stuff, but they are rather pricey. Flaming River also has a MustangII rack and pinion kit, but once again it aint cheap.
You can fit a 351w into a 66 without removing the towers too. I know NPD has a line of 351w swap products, along with 5.0 swap stuff. From what I understand the swap itself is pretty straight forward, but you'll need several new parts, ie headers, possibly a hood (since the 351 is a bit taller) oil pan etc. Depending on what tranny you are going to use there are other things that might need replacing too.
Are you looking to go carbed or EFI? Stick or auto? Whats currently in the car now?

Hope this helps
J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #3
jayinpa
Registered Member

Default My car now

My car was a 6cly auto, now its gutted out and I plan on putting a 351w stroker(393) with a TKO 5 speed. Still undecided on carb or EFI. Most likely carb. Victor JR heads also. I was going to do a granada disk brake conversion due to I already have the spindles and I do have V8 center link and associated parts too. That stuff i can sell on ebay if I decide to go another route. I am ordering a complete 9" rear from moser unless told by someone else a better place to get a rear. I am eliminating the leaf spring and have a ladder bar setup with coil overs but I am not tubbing it. I seen a 65 at a car show with 12" wide tires on back with ladder bar susp and no tub. And I know I will have to get a taller hood too. I know its alot of work but its the way I want it , thats why I am butchering up a 6cly car not a v8 car. If any more questions just ask. any more tip please tell.
TAHNX
JAY
Old 03-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
jayinpa
Registered Member

Exclamation

HEY KiltedBanshees93GT I did not realize that you are from Tampa til I already replyed. I use to live in PA moved about 10 months ago and never up dated my profile. I now live in Palmetto FL about 30 min from you. Here is new email adress jayinfla2003@yahoo.com

JAY