MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-1999, 05:33 PM   #1
mustang_500hp
Registered Member

Question Fun Ford Tech Inspection

I am planning on attending the Fun Ford Event in Ennis Texas in October. I was just wondering what all is checked and what I will need to bring to be prepared for this. Do I have to pull the heads? if so what is checked on the heads? will I need to bring a valve spring compressor so the bowls/ports can be examined and or measured? any help will be appreciated. Jeff or George???

------------------
Future trophy Stock Champion.
mustang_500hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-1999, 06:59 PM   #2
Joe T/S #25
Registered Member

So far at the races I have been to this year during tech inspection they have checked for things like driveshaft loops, seat belts, regulation helmets, slick size, and anything under the hood that might look questionable. They also do an inspection to make sure your car passes either NHRA or IHRA rules. I believe for them to pull the heads down as far as you are talking about would be if you were #1 qualifier, set ET or MPH record, or if the tech officials saw something that the didn't like. If a racer wanted to protest and come up with the money, they could check you out too. I hope this has been of some help to you.

Joe T/S #25
12.83 @ 107.89

Joe T/S #25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-1999, 07:15 AM   #3
jchambers

Joe's pretty much covered it. Basic inspection is to make sure you comply with the NHRA/IHRA/FFW safety regulations as well as the FFW Class Rules. This is not to be confused with a 'tear-down' which may be done if a racer appears to be cheating or has flat out dominated the competition. In the tear-down, a racer may be asked to pull the intake, have the diplacement measured, cam lift measured, disassemble a lifter, pull a head, or whatever else is needed to prove that the car abides by the class rules. In this case, you're asked to provide your own tools, do the tear-down yourself (you may have one crew member present), then put it back together yourself all under the watchful eye of the ever-vigilant FFW staff.

See you in Ennis.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 09-13-1999, 12:59 AM   #4
JCSTANG
Registered Member

So in other words, bring your tools and extra gaskets, right?

------------------

http://www.inergy.com/jcstang
JCSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-1999, 10:05 AM   #5
Mike Wesley
Registered Member

Just a note....
what is printed in the FFW rulebook and what is printed in the Tire Tracks isn't always what the rules are (this was shown to be the case at Cordova). If you have something on the car that you do not know is legal, or an idea you have that seems to be illegal, call FFW. It may be legal and you don't know about it.
Mike Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: