MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-18-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Angry Hey look another power-adder class in NMRA

http://www.nmraracing.com/classes2001/rs.html

Well I guess you can call it Real Street, no room for N/A 347's with 185cc AFR heads, and a Vic 5.0 intake, but hey a 311 cid windsor with a novi 2000 and stock lift cam is real street.

This is disgusting! I've got a chassis and an engine stuck between Real Street and Hot Street limbo! and call me pessimistic but I don't think an n/a 9 second small block will make a good daily driver
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 07:38 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

Yeah, they added the Real Street class to try and get some of the street-driven power adder cars that don't make the grade in Renegade. It should be a pretty interesting class to watch and a somewhat affordable class to compete in. Watch out though, 'cause just like any other heads-up class its going to be a show of who can spend the most money. I'd look for the class record to get below 10.50 this year and even lower next.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.97 Seconds / 114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 12:51 AM   #3
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Yeah, but talk about stacked in a blower cars favor, an N20 car would give them a close race, but an N/A street car would be dead meat! To bad (not just because my engine is N/A) I say because it just means more of the same things will show up, no diversity or innovation, just the same old tricks. Want more power, just stuff down more boost, and I'm not flaming an SC cars here cause it all really comes down to who gets there first, but I think a bit more parity between different types of engines would be better.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:36 AM   #4
Jeff Chambers

If you follow Ben's Real Street message board, its obvious that Real Street is ALREADY an all-out race class; and they haven't even made the first pass yet. There are a couple dozen guys putting together class-specific, purpose-built R/S cars; including Autologic's Mike Wesely. The class will be a serious race class and will probably only fall a second or so behind Renegade by season's end. I think you'll see cars running 10.50's or even quicker. The stock cam will be the limiter, but as always happens you'll find that people will figure out how to make it work.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
Chambers Racing Team
Old 02-19-2001, 10:45 AM   #5
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

Talking

It's about time they came up with a class that for the budget minded power-adder guys. This is what I've been waiting for then to do. This should probably turn out to be one of the more popular classes. I can't wait to get my stang finished for this class.
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 11:42 AM   #6
jchambers

Budget-minded? Its a heads-up class so its still going to be the war of the wallets. Like I said, there are guys building class-specific, race-purpose cars. It won't be a class for the daily driver by the time they get to the second event of the season. Be ready to spend the $$$ or be ready to run in the middle of the pack.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #3
11.97 Seconds/114.5 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Old 02-21-2001, 11:29 AM   #7
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

Cool

Oh well, I'm not worried about it becoming a war of the wallet. I was going to go into Renegade, but I'm just gonna end up using Real Street as a stepping stone.
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 12:12 PM   #8
Jeff Chambers

That's a pretty good plan. I firmly believe that R/S will turn into a mini-Renegade class early on in the season. It'll make a real good learning & proving ground for the bigger and badder Renegade setup on down the road. There are guys spending serious cash porting and flowing heads, testing fuels, measuring cam, etc. Your basic 'bolt-em-on' blower car wont' stand a chance by the second race of the season.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
Chambers Racing Team
Old 02-21-2001, 02:53 PM   #9
Dark Knight
Registered Member

I still think an emissions legal class would be the best bet..make 'em all pass the I/M 240.. it would make things interesting.. and it would help in developing more parts that will pass the smog tests... there's not a renegade car out there that I've seen that could be tagged for the street here...

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives shorties
14.16@100.08
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)
MY ride

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 07:01 PM   #10
vkaro45
Registered Member

I agree with Dark Knight. An emissions legal class would be a great idea, as well as mandatory IM 240 testing.
vkaro45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: